Roatan in Summer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to everyone for your advice.
Doc: Yes, I love night diving and will do as many as the body can tolerate at CCV.

May go back to CCV this summer rather than TBR. I'll see how my CCV trip later this month goes.

Thanks again. Since we have not been there before I was making the assumption that the seam was deep enough to not be concerned about possible boat traffic above us. I can easily be wrong. That’s why I am asking the more knowledge people like you. :).

The "cut" thru the reef is plenty deep and boats steer clear. If that's what you call "a seam"?

The gap out from the shore to that cut, or coral heads, that is no problem if you have divers of sufficient self control and navigation skills. Popping to the surface due to any lapse in buoyancy skills in shallow water or the need for a visual navigation siting can be problematic as the passing boats...no way could they see a diver in time at that speed. A whole lot of divers "fail into" that category, lacking skills.

The real point of my additional post with image.... It simply is not as close as they infer or you imagine being conveniently possible. It is, as I like to say, "quite a thrash".

I was looking for a different picture that I have seen but cant find it right now. Looked at the Google Maps and used the "measure distance" function and it would be 1500 feet to the where the "two white flecks" are. Too far for us unless we both were to dive doubles or sidemount. Thanks again for the input.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom