Trying to ID this older Sherwood 2nd stage (and looking for service kit)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark IV

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Nothing special, just a yellow Sherwood octopus/2nd stage, and it isn't really very old, just earlier than current models, but I'm trying to find out what to call it, so I can hunt down the right parts to service it myself. Any info much appreciated......
(hopefully the IMGBB link below works right !)

(edit: Yep! It's that purple #86, but it works!)

From the cover shape it's the octo version of either an SRB 2100 or a SRB 3200 (~2001). Both are standard downstream valves with flat seats.
I'm sure I have one in the garage if you need me to measure the o-ring sizes.
PM me, and I can send you service manuals. But hope the exhaust valve is okay, bc it's an oval design without aftermarket equivalents that I've seen.

Last edited:
I assume the exaust valve is the little blue rubber, one-way exhaust gasket ? If so, it's actually round (I have seen them oval). This octo was on an Oasis that I bought new in Miami back about '93. I was hoping to find a video tutorial for the sherwoods, buit no joy (I assume other videos for other brands are pretty similar)?
Anyway, yeah, thanks, any help/info at all is much appreciated !!

Kits are still available. not much to it at all just a seat and a couple o-rings. Pay close attention to the housing around the inlet fitting it is vey common for them to crack and I don’t believe those housing are available anymore. Be sure you don’t over tighten the inlet fitting and cause a crack. I think the factory spec. Is 70 in. lb but even that is almost too tight. A backup wrench on the valve assembly is a good idea to prevent it from turning while tightening.

Plenty of generic seats that work for these and matching orings is no problem if you can not get the "official" kit.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I messaged Sherwood earlier today, and they got back to me pretty quick. They said this octo (and about all their others) use parts kit # 4000-9. Looks like they can be found all over for around $11 bucks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom