Is Apollo AV1 the same as the Tusa Sav-7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This battery looks very interesting to me for example but i have not called on weight or dimensions yet and the site does not list them.

Powerizer LiFePO4 Battery: 24V 10Ah (240Wh, 40A rate) --- Replace SLA 24V 10Ah with 4 times cycle life, lighter weight -- UN 38.3 Passed (DGR)

Any thoughts James?

That battery will work, just have to get the connector for apollo, find a charger, and add weight to the scooter since that battery is lighter.

You need the scooter to weigh 20 kilos, 44 pounds, to be neutral. As that battery weighs 5 pounds and the original was close to 20 pounds and made the scooter slightly negative, you will need to add 13.5 pounds of lead to just be neutral, and the performance will be similar to the original SLA battery run time of 55 minutes on medium.

I have no experience with that particular battery.

That looks an expensive way to get 10 amps. The Apollo lithium claims to be 27 amps. The batteries I use are 20 amp

This requires 8 batteries in series, balancing, measuring equipment, modifications and 7.5 pounds ballast.
Picture is of battery before wrapping
3.2V 20Ah 60W Solar Wind Storage Tool Robot Lithium LiFePO4 LFP Battery 3V-3.65V ISO9001, CE, UN38.3, MSDS certified

I'm sure there is a more elegant solution.

Attachments

• BatteryAssemblySmall.jpg
    BatteryAssemblySmall.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 147
Hey James, I have some freinds that are interested in the 24 V lithium battery I found. They run AV1 scooters. Do you think it would be wise to use a 24 V lithium battery with a 24V to 12V DC converter with the older brushed motor in the AV1. I know some of those older scooters have heat issues and those motors aren't necessarily designed around the way a lithium battery discharges.

A few years ago I reconfigured a lithium battery to 12 volts in an AV1. Don't remember exactly, but it overheated even faster than the lead acid battery. Once the heat sensor opens it can take a long time to cool down. I swapped a gear reduction and heat radiation plate from a damaged AV2 and that cured it, but not worth the trouble unless you have the parts from a flooded one, the parts are expensive to buy.

Back
Top Bottom