Guests of Sunscape, Secrets & Residencias Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You think that's a reasonable effort to get pier access passes? Note it's not a one-time process. And if it sticks, other resorts may follow suit.

I didn't say it was a reasonable effort but its the owner's of the pier prerogative to charge to use the pier. I know if I owned a pier I would want to be able to say who can use it and who can't and how much I can charge people.

You can still stay at the all inclusive resort and use the resort's dive operation.

I probably would just use the resort's dive op. If I am staying at an AI (and I love AI) I want everything to be easy.

Just don't stay at Secrets - they suck anyways...

Have you stayed there? If so why was it so bad?

t the RR HOA has made arrangements with Paradise beach for Reef Residencias guests ONLY so RR guests will not be affected, you'll just have to walk a tad bit further. Hotel guests will NOT be permitted to use the Paradise pier.

So do RR guests have to pony up the $2 for the Paradise pier or was that only for the Secrets pier?

So do RR guests have to pony up the $2 for the Paradise pier or was that only for the Secrets pier?

I don't think there is any fee - the RR owners have made arrangements for their guests.

I didn't say it was a reasonable effort but its the owner's of the pier prerogative to charge to use the pier. I know if I owned a pier I would want to be able to say who can use it and who can't and how much I can charge people.

Well, it's really not that simple and not that cut and dry - and piers are federally zoned - so no, they can't actually.

And for what it's worth, we as dive operators provide hotel pier pick-ups as a courtesy, so when that courtesy costs us time, hassle and money - it is not a courtesy we can provide. In MANY
destinations, you load at one central location, like a marina. Of course you are entitled to your opinion and choice.

Have you stayed there? If so why was it so bad?

Yes - November 2015.. My biggest complaints are the fact that there are no dive lockers, no rinse tanks... And the place is so spread out, you have to haul your gear what feels like 2 miles uphill both directions. lol

Plus, I don't care for AI resort food and drinks

Yes - November 2015.. My biggest complaints are the fact that there are no dive lockers, no rinse tanks... And the place is so spread out, you have to haul your gear what feels like 2 miles uphill both directions. lol

But hopefully not in the snow...

Thank you for the update!

Maybe I'm wrong, but I bet most people staying at these places share my opinion and therefore won't be affected one way or another.
You would be surprised how many outside ops pick up there. They come and go all day long. A lot of people will be affected, and not just divers either.

The easiest way to charge would be to just take the room number each day. At checkout I have to give them 2 or 3 dollars for using the phone anyway, so they get 10 or 15 or whatever. Pretty simple really. When people make things difficult there’s usually a reason. I doubt they will make it simple.

And for what it's worth, we as dive operators provide hotel pier pick-ups as a courtesy, so when that courtesy costs us time, hassle and money.

I hope dive ops do not see us a “time, hassle and money”....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom