Hello from NY!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in NY and you gotta be nuts to dive in these waters... sound or ocean. (I sail on the sound and (used to) surf on the ocean).
I'll save my air for the tropics, thank you very much!:yeahbaby:

I'm in NY and you gotta be nuts to dive in these waters... sound or ocean. (I sail on the sound and (used to) surf on the ocean).
I'll save my air for the tropics, thank you very much!:yeahbaby:
you don't know what you are missing such as ton of wrecks .

I agree. There are a ton of wrecks on Long Island and Jersey. You have to try diving here. Don't worry so much about the cold water. Just jump in and go for it.

I'm in Manhattan...our weekend home is on a lake that's shallow enough to be warm during summer months. The problem being, viz is 2-3 ft at best and average depth is 7 ft. I ain't diving that, but we do ski on it.

Anyone who would like to venture out this summer and give it a go, I'd be happy to be your captain :)

I see plenty of wrecks, just driving around NYC.

fuelfire.gif

Lol

When I left in 1977 I told my friends in Manitoba it's "A good place to come from". But hey, my dad liked it. He had an Apt. on the West Side, was a syndicated columnist ("My New York"), and the first of 14 books he wrote was titled "The World Ends at Hoboken".

When I left in 1977 I told my friends in Manitoba it's "A good place to come from". But hey, my dad liked it. He had an Apt. on the West Side, was a syndicated columnist ("My New York"), and the first of 14 books he wrote was titled "The World Ends at Hoboken".
I lived in Hoboken before moving into NYC.....loved that one square mile city...it had an amazing diversity for such a small community and I can still smell the fresh peasant breads being brick oven cooked right across the street from my then condo....fun times it was. Great bars and fabulous music venues abound.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom