NZ vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Echoing others' comments regarding the Poor Knights. Thumbs up from me for Yukon Dive. Global Dive in Auckland also organise trips through them if they happen to fit with your dates. Also thumbs up for Northland DIve. If you are in Wellington on a good day ie not a Southerly, the Taputeranga Marine Reserve is a nice shore dive - pop in to Dive Wellington.

Of course there is. But you have to charter the boat for it specifically, assuming it's not already booked for something else when you want it. It's not a regularly scheduled trip. So unless you have enough people to split the charter cost...

Since I'll be travelling by myself, that's not likely. :cool:

Since I'll be travelling by myself, that's not likely. :cool:
I am in the same situation, which is why people have been telling me to find someone with their own boat. I work with a guy, but his boat isn't big enough for that kind of trip unfortunately.

Hey flowerdiver. Probably a bit Late, but I'm on the north island and have my own boat and cylinders and weights. I live near the aldermans on the coromandel, but will be up camping with diving friends in bay of islands / tutukaka areas in about 1.5 weeks time. You're welcome to come along for a dive if you're still about, either now at at aldermans, or Sat 24th poor knights or onwards, hmnzs canterbury/boi.

Hey flowerdiver. Probably a bit Late, but I'm on the north island and have my own boat and cylinders and weights. I live near the aldermans on the coromandel, but will be up camping with diving friends in bay of islands / tutukaka areas in about 1.5 weeks time. You're welcome to come along for a dive if you're still about, either now at at aldermans, or Sat 24th poor knights or onwards, hmnzs canterbury/boi.

Unfortunately yes, a bit too late... I was in the Coromandel yesterday and this morning, but didn't see your post until now due to lack of wifi.
On the other hand, with the weather the way it's been, I'm guessing the viz would have been shoddy, and probably not worth going out...?

Unfortunately yes, a bit too late... I was in the Coromandel yesterday and this morning, but didn't see your post until now due to lack of wifi.
On the other hand, with the weather the way it's been, I'm guessing the viz would have been shoddy, and probably not worth going out...?

Yep, sorry about that. Only saw your message yesterday. Don't come here much.

Yep weather is stink, anyway. Fingers crossed for the camping trip up in the bay of islands... But they say a cyclone's coming....

Back
Top Bottom