Cancun to playa del Carmen shuttle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Can anyone suggest a reliable private shuttle service from cancun to playa del Carmen to catch the ferry to cozumel... been reading reviews that people and reserved shuttles and there no where to be found once they arrive at the airport....

Can anyone suggest a reliable private shuttle service from cancun to playa del Carmen to catch the ferry to cozumel... been reading reviews that people and reserved shuttles and there no where to be found once they arrive at the airport....

I’ve used Canada Transfers and they were reliable. I’ve heard good things about American Transfers as well.

You may want to ask the mods to move this out of the rebreather diving sub forum and into the Cozumel sub forum.

(Disregard my response...I see you posted in the Cozumel section and had several responses)

Do a search in the Cozumel section. Several regulars have their favorite van drivers for around $50....one even has beer waiting for you. Others stop at OXXO for you to stock up.

We just take the bus for $10. The benefit of the private van is they are waiting for you at your terminal and you are in your way in minutes. The bus is a bit of a walk (maybe a block) if you come into terminal 2. (Southwest) but easy from terminal 3. There is now a terminal 4 open and I don't know anything about that.

Good luck,
Jay

Last edited:
(Disregard my response...I see you posted in the Cozumel section and had several responses)

Do a search in the Cozumel section. Several regulars have their favorite van drivers for around $50....one even has beer waiting for you. Others stop at OXXO for you to stock up.

We just take the bus for $10. The benefit of the private van is they are waiting for you at your terminal and you are in your way in minutes. The bus is a bit of a walk (maybe a block) if you come into terminal 2. (Southwest) but easy from terminal 3. There is now a terminal 4 open and I don't know anything about that.

Good luck,
Jay
Terminal 4 is absolutely gorgeous and new. It is where my Southwest flight came into and out of a few weeks ago from Los Angeles.

Did you take the Ado bus? How do you get to the bus from 4?

Thanks,
Jay

Good luck,
Jay
Thanks for the reply.... if it were just 2 of us than the bus my be a better option... but I'll have my 2 son' and wife. With all out dive gear ... lot of lugage... Will be ado bus charge for a lot of lugagge??

We travel with two large (airport maximum size) suitcases. 1 with dive gear, the other with clothing. My wife is never at the luggage loading point so they have no idea both bags are not mine. Both weigh 46-47#. We have never been charged so I would think 2 bags per person would be expected. We have been asked for tips though so I usually tip the baggage handler $1. Litterally, he moves the bags less than 10 feet after you roll them to the bus and he puts them in the luggage compartment for you. I also tip the guy unloading as well.

Depending on the age of your sons, a van would probably be a better route to go. The bus ticket will be $10 to $12 each. I don't know if there is a children's discount. The van will be waiting for you at whatever terminal you arrive at, the driver will load your luggage and you will be on your way immediately. The van will also get you closer to the ferry pier. The bus is about a 2 block walk to the ferry pier. With a lot of luggage, that would be a pain. Wrangling small children...or even teenagers....could add more frustration to the day.

i would use Cvchiefs guy.
Cancun to playa del Carmen shuttle

For $10 ish more, less walking, less head ache, beer stop.... for 4 people, it's a no brainer for me.

Good luck, safe travels...

Jay

For a larger group, plus 1 on Canada Transfers but I do not think it will get you any closer to the ferry than ADO. For either option, find a guy on a trike to take your luggage to the ferry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom