Galapagos - San Cristobal Dive Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stokoe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

We're going to the Galapagos in late May for a cruise. (The regular kind, not the live-aboard diving kind.) Our ship departs from San Cristobal. I was thinking of arriving a day or two early to get some diving in - I know Kicker Rock is dived from there. Does anyone have any recommendations on dive operators in Puerto Baquerizo Moreno? I did a forum search, and member DiveTheGalapagos recommended Wreck Bay Diving in a few threads, but they were pretty old threads. A google search turns up several shops there. Is Wreck Bay still the best bet? I would probably take my own reg, computer and wetsuit, if that has any bearing.

I trust input here more than TripAdvisor reviews. The bad reviews for any shop can run the gamut from the "freak-out-in-the-current-with-uncontrolled-ascent-so-blame-the-dive-shop" dives to divemasters flirting with someones girlfriend to "didn't-get-a-refund-even-though-I-missed-the-boat" to legitimate safety concerns. It's hard to sort them out.

Thanks!

Hi Stokoe,
Since no one else has responded yet, my experience may be less recent than the DtG posts you found but I dove Kicker Rock with Wreck Bay in Dec 2012 and was happy with their work. I would book with them again. I was diving all my own gear. Wreck Bay is the op the Galapagos liveaboard manager had recommended to me. I have also spoken with @DiveTheGalapagos in the past and found all her advice spot on; she has a level of Galapagos experience no tourist/visiting diver can match.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom