Measuring Tank Length

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a PST LP tank. I was always under the assumption that it is 120cf, however the guy who last filled it said it’s a 104. Other than tank spec charts I have no info stamped on the tank to verify. So, when measuring do I measure to the top of the crown, include the neck as well?

Thanks

Tanks are measured from the top where the valve is mounted (but do not include the valve) to the bottom. Set your tank on the floor next to a wall and take something square such as a hard cover book or something. Put the book against the wall and slide it down till it touches the tank where the valve mounts and make a pencil mark on the wall. Then just measure from the floor to the mark on the wall. Take the boot off when you do this so you only get tank measurement.

Thats what I thought. Thanks for the measuring tip, I will use that!! Ands thank you for the reply!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom