Will PADI Recognize SSI specialties (Perfect Bouyancy)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am just beginner diver, however, my goal is to get PADI MSD as well. I fully understand that this MSD certification does not add any additional knowledge, however, i am pretty sure that AOW, Rescue and 5 PADI specialties + 50 dives definitely expand understanding about diving. I have got PADI OWD certification in November. IN February i want to take AOW and 5 specialties. I hope that this training will give me sufficient knowledge and practice to go to liveabord diving. If everything goes OK (I am still a bit afraid how my body will react to depth as I plan to take Deep Dive specialty) next year i will have sufficient dives and experience for Rescue diver course.

I like challenges and getting PADI MSD is one of my goals in my life. 5 PADI specialties that I am plkanning to take are the following: Nitrox, Deep Dive, Wreck Dive, Night Dive and Navigatio. Any suggestions whether my choice is ok or you can propose any other specialties for neewbie with 6 dives in logbook.

I am just beginner diver, however, my goal is to get PADI MSD as well. I fully understand that this MSD certification does not add any additional knowledge, however, i am pretty sure that AOW, Rescue and 5 PADI specialties + 50 dives definitely expand understanding about diving. I have got PADI OWD certification in November. IN February i want to take AOW and 5 specialties. I hope that this training will give me sufficient knowledge and practice to go to liveabord diving. If everything goes OK (I am still a bit afraid how my body will react to depth as I plan to take Deep Dive specialty) next year i will have sufficient dives and experience for Rescue diver course.

I like challenges and getting PADI MSD is one of my goals in my life. 5 PADI specialties that I am plkanning to take are the following: Nitrox, Deep Dive, Wreck Dive, Night Dive and Navigatio. Any suggestions whether my choice is ok or you can propose any other specialties for neewbie with 6 dives in logbook.

Good for you! Me too!

Great choices--pretty much what I did.

NAUI starts rescue training in OW with rescuing an unconscious diver from 10’, removing their weight system, and giving simulated in water rescue breaths, plus transporting for 50 yards a buddy simulating exhaustion.

NAUI AOW expands on the performance expectations in those rescue skills. Required dives are Nav, Night, Deep, plus 3 elective dives.

Yes, NAUI MSD is eight dives. But with skills to standards ‘significantly higher’ than previous certification levels. One of them is focused on emergency procedures and rescue. In an agency where towing and unconscious diver rescue was done as an OW skill, and already expanded on at the AOW level.

The other MSD required dives are a progression on AOW nav, night, deep. Also required is search/recovery. Plus three elective dives. Plus the academic understanding of why to not do all the things we are told not to do: hold breath, dive deep too long, come up to fast, …, to the level required of a AI/DM. The academics include first aid, oxygen use, CPR orientation, though not certification in them.

NAUI Rescue adds group incident prevention to NAUI AOW, which need not be really covered in NAUI MSD, by the standards.

NAUI MSD has fairly high standards. Focus on learning stuff. Dive count need not track closely to diver skill or safety.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom