Red Sea Liveabord - Fleet Comparison

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ontdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Would be interested in hearing from anyone who is in a position to compare experiences between the Blu O2 and Emperor Diver fleets. Have been on the Red Sea Aggressor but now looking for something with more competitive pricing for Southern Route with Port Ghalib departure.

On a related note, Emperor references "21+ trips" where there is a chance of getting in more than 21 dives during the week. Kind of interested in knowing what likely max number of dives would be during May, for instance as this is time frame I am looking at.

Would be interested in hearing from anyone who is in a position to compare experiences between the Blu O2 and Emperor Diver fleets. Have been on the Red Sea Aggressor but now looking for something with more competitive pricing for Southern Route with Port Ghalib departure.

On a related note, Emperor references "21+ trips" where there is a chance of getting in more than 21 dives during the week. Kind of interested in knowing what likely max number of dives would be during May, for instance as this is time frame I am looking at.

Another one that you can also look into is Blue Planet Liveaboards. I'm booked on 2 of their sailings in September (MY Blue Seas) that are both out of Port Ghalib/Marsa Alam. I've never been on them before so I hope to be able to give some feedback later this year but wanted to put it on your radar if it's not already.

As for the number of dives, that will depend on how many days you are in a marine park as they prohibit diving at night in marine parks which will affect your total dive number.

Thanks for that. Did you base your choice for Blue Planet on a recommendation or reviews?

emperor is the more budget option out of the two. the cabins are not as nice, but like 150 to 200 or so cheaper. the beer is only passable, worse than coors light imo, so i would consider bringing a bottle of whiskey. food ranged from ok to pretty good. aggressor definitely has better food.

if you are the type that is happy with the socal liveaboards ie truth aquatics or blackbeards, emperor will be plenty comfortable. blue o2 is closer to aggressor.

Thanks for that. Did you base your choice for Blue Planet on a recommendation or reviews?

It was a combination of reviews, the schedule/itinerary that I wanted, availability, and the features/layout of the boat. I was looking at one of the Emperor boats that was doing the same itinerary (Emperorr Asmaa) and I did not like the layout of their boat as much. There were very little to no spaces to lounge and nap outside, especially outside of the sun. What is available is mostly seating under the sun from the many photos I looked at. I also liked their salon/dining, bathroom, and bedroom areas better. The price was a little lower through Emperor on the Asmaa though. The prices vary depending on which boat you end up looking at and whether it is doing the itinerary you are interested in that time of year. I have heard each vessel is different.

emperor is the more budget option out of the two. the cabins are not as nice, but like 150 to 200 or so cheaper. the beer is only passable, worse than coors light imo, so i would consider bringing a bottle of whiskey. food ranged from ok to pretty good. aggressor definitely has better food.

if you are the type that is happy with the socal liveaboards ie truth aquatics or blackbeards, emperor will be plenty comfortable. blue o2 is closer to aggressor.

I can appreciate the comparison because I've been on Truth. I think Emperor is a big step up from Truth so agree with your assessment...Truth is camping at sea. Emperor does not have bunk sleeping arrangements that are dorm style with shared bathrooms like Truth. Their beds also have to be much better because you're not on a foam pad on your own sleeping bag. (Hooray for semi-private rooms and ensuite bathrooms!) They definitely have enough seating inside the dining area to accommodate everyone sitting and eating at the same time, along with some climate control unlike Truth so the two are still very far apart to me. I hope the food is also better...I'm also envisioning help from the deck hands and it's a nice luxury to have dive guides and free nitrox. :)

i would bring some sriracha or sambal as the breakfasts were fairly bland. definitely the one area the vision was better.

Never been on either but I know a number of people who would recommend Emperor Divers. I think it's a bit cheaper but also a bit less luxurious.

both of them seem too expensive in my opinion

just ask an offer from United Divers

or Liveaboards Red Sea

I'm intrigued. I also could not find prices on the website. How much are these for a full week and what does it include? What does it exclude? How many dives?

I'm often a believer in you get what you pay for but there are obviously exceptions to this. Although I have already committed to my liveaboard in the Red Sea for this fall, I do want to stay updated on the latest and greatest and would love any additional information you have - if even for my next visit. :) Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom