Can anyone id this zeagle bc?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nathan Doty

Contributor
Reaction score
Total newbie here, looking at bcds. Beyond knowing this is made by zeagle i can't id what it is our what would be a good price. It's used, looks like the wing is newer, single tank. I'm guessing this is a back inflate style vs a regular jacket and not a true wing setup but im just guessing.

They're asking $80.

Attachments

• 20180120_150441.jpg
    20180120_150441.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 124
  • 20180120_150522.jpg
    20180120_150522.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 129
It looks similar, but they all do to me :laugh: Does/did the escape have a removable wing? This one looks like it can be swapped out. The only tag I found was a patent tag for the ripcord, googled it and it brought me Patent US4608940 - Remote weight release for a bouyancy control device

I was hoping the patent was on a model but it doesn't say. I don't see any bungie cords over the wings though.

Since the wing is removable but it doesn't have a metal backplate would it be a travel style bp/w or is it a funky vest?

It's a modular BCD. The idea was and is that if one part becomes damaged or unusable you can swap out just that part and not spend money on a whole new BCD. The name was normally on the epaulettes that held down the power inflator hose. Does the far edges of the wing have a clip that clips near the weight pouches to help hold it in?

I looked all over that thing, besides the zeagle and flag, nothing. The wings don't have a clip, the thing looks kind of floppy really. Do you usually dive with the wings clipped over? It's new enough to have the ripcord, any chance it's an old ranger?

Starting to feel like good or bad, this is a mission :laugh:

I was thinking it was a ranger but I thought, not positive, that the rangers all had wings that clipped to wrap around

All the pictures I can find are of fairly new models, every thing clips as fareas i can tell. And I can't find any with that color combo. I'm wondering if it's not a different brand wing. I sent zeagle an email with the pictures, hopefully they'll have some info.

It is one of the last versions of the Concept circa 2005 or so.

It is one of the last versions of the Concept circa 2005 or so.

Agreed with Scared Silly, looks like the Zeagle Concept that I owned. I purchased one in 1997-1998 and this one looks identical. Looks like the previous owner installed the optional lumbar support pad. If memory serves, it had around 32-35lbs of lift. Had a dual bladder design with an expandable elastic outer bladder that had mesh-like construction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom