Any updated timeline for the Deep 6 computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad to hear that it will be using the ZHL-16C G/F algorithm. Will this be a single or two gas computer? I loved my Nitek Plus computer and the addition of the second gas for deco expands your computer audience from recreational to technical instantly.

Any WIP pics of the computer?
a few but we are redoing the case

No updates since Dec of last year. Does this mean that the Deep 6 computer will not be coming out?

No, it means that people figured out that asking about it wasn't going to get them any closer to an answer. I mean no disrespect. It's just that there will be an announcement if there is a release and in the meantime there are plenty of good options.

I was once looking for a powermeter for my bike. Garmin had promised the Vector pedals were soon to be released at a substantial cost savings. I kept waiting for the promised date and they kept missing it. I ended up buying an expensive best in class powermeter. Two years later there were other options that came out that were better than the Vector pedals which were finally released at about the same time. They had problems that they still hadn't worked out and the first customers had warranty claims. They may have finally worked it out. It doesn't matter because I've had a great powermeter for 6 years in the meantime.

It is probably best to let this one go and just get what is available and reliable. This will perhaps avoid frustration. Future new divers may have a great option from Deep6 but the timing is anybody's guess and hopefully they won't rush the release and have the initial problems that occurred with the Vector pedals.

I'm afraid the window of opportunity for the Deep 6 computer is slowly closing. The fact is, there is no inexpensive computer running Buhmann ZH-L16C with GFs, even if they are presets and not custom. The Dive Rite Nitek Q, at $400, is no longer available. If Deep 6 can ever get this computer out, it could still be very successful. I'm not at all sure that their initial price point of $149 will still be possible, nevertheless, there is a good untapped market for a computer of this description.

I don't think that time is running out at all. If, Deep 6 ultimately ships a dive computer, it will be a quality product and there will be a market for it. But I'm pretty sure Deep 6 will only release a quality product, and nothing less.

I'm definitely looking forward to this and if it's as good as the regs, I'm willing to wait for them.

Aqua Lung has released a new low end dive computer that sells for less than $200 and can handle two nitrox mixes (21 - 100%) and has all of the basic features a diver would need (no back-lighting and not Bluetooth but has everything else AFAIK).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom