Friday Night Norte

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We occasionally get laughed at for our 7mm's. But with steel 120's I use 4lbs (probably could use only 2lbs), my 16yr old 1lb and my super buoyant (who knows why) wife 4lbs! This Jan2 one guy bailed on the 2nd dive and everyone was cold. We were cold too but only on the surface, the 70 minute dive was nice. Especially at the end sitting a few feet away from a hunting eagle ray.

We occasionally get laughed at for our 7mm's. But with steel 120's I use 4lbs (probably could use only 2lbs), my 16yr old 1lb and my super buoyant (who knows why) wife 4lbs!
That's a little worrisome. What if you have to ditch weights and still not buoyant enough?

We occasionally get laughed at for our 7mm's. But with steel 120's I use 4lbs (probably could use only 2lbs), my 16yr old 1lb and my super buoyant (who knows why) wife 4lbs! This Jan2 one guy bailed on the 2nd dive and everyone was cold. We were cold too but only on the surface, the 70 minute dive was nice. Especially at the end sitting a few feet away from a hunting eagle ray.
Wow, that's not much weight. With a steel plate and steel tank I still need 8-10 lbs with my 7mm and 5/3 hooded vest. Do you have additional non-ditchable weight on your rig?

Hmmm - not sure what site you are looking at - but
1. A week from now is really not worth looking at or planning around
2. If this forecast hols true - there won't be any issues - this shows a ver mild ENE wind which is a non-issue

View attachment 443184
I had looked early this morning and they were still showing strong due North... I am glad they are swinging around... When we sail forecast more than 36 hours have 0 probability of accuracy but my days on the island are precious so I like to have options especially this time of year.

Now if the temps will increase 10 like it is showing in North Texas I will really be excited...

We were not allowed to dive on the 28th or 28th no dive operators going out and red flags on beaches.
Yep - I corrected my typo- so you only had 2 days to dive?

Back
Top Bottom