Any TIPs for us Paint Shop Pro users?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TracysaCADiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just picked up a copy at Best Buy today and got it installed.

Since I thought that there might be some experts out there, any tips?

Thanks!

If you are not familiar with image processing programs in general, learn how to use a levels adjustment layer, should be the first thing you use once you develop the raw image. Learn how to open each channel (Red, Green and blue) and colour balance an image. Next thing is the curves tool and how to use an "S" curve. You should find tutorials quite easily with google. Finding one that tells you how to use levels to quickly and accurately colour balance an image is harder. This one: Using Levels in Photoshop to Image Correct Color and Contrast is for photoshop but the principle is exactly the same. This method can remove the green cast from an image taken in green water, something that setting colour temperature alone can struggle with.

If you are not familiar with image processing programs in general, learn how to use a levels adjustment layer, should be the first thing you use once you develop the raw image. Learn how to open each channel (Red, Green and blue) and colour balance an image. Next thing is the curves tool and how to use an "S" curve. You should find tutorials quite easily with google. Finding one that tells you how to use levels to quickly and accurately colour balance an image is harder. This one: Using Levels in Photoshop to Image Correct Color and Contrast is for photoshop but the principle is exactly the same. This method can remove the green cast from an image taken in green water, something that setting colour temperature alone can struggle with.
Thanks Chris... I am a little familiar with Photoshop, but I would consider myself a little rusty since it's been like almost 20 years or so since I've used the program itself (okay, I'm dating myself with this one). I think the last time I used Photoshop was when it was in version 4 (I think that was 1997). So I don't really consider myself an expert by no means.

Paint Shop Pro I had heard had all the availability of Photoshop and it sells for a fraction of the price. But then again, that was early 90's when I read that in PC Magazine. So again that's old information

I'll have to check out your links. Thanks for providing those.

No problem, the point is the basics are the same, the dialogue boxes that open up to do the adjustments may look a little different but the basics are there. 90% of what you need to do is covered if you know how to use levels and curves. So even if you find an tutorial for PS, you should be able to apply to other programs.

Back
Top Bottom