Cozumel shore diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got this video at Casitas shipwreck yesterday afternoon. You can see the hull of Laguna de Mandinga in the background.

<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe src="" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

Took a look at Google Earth and it seems the two shipwrecks are clearly visible. Correct me if I'm wrong.
PlayalasCasitas.jpg

Took a look at Google Earth and it seems the two shipwrecks are clearly visible. Correct me if I'm wrong.View attachment 438738

Wow. I'll confirm that image matches all the landmarks. Thanks for sharing.

My son and I just got back from an 8 day trip to Cozumel. We did 4 shore dives and 20 boat dives. The shore diving was a fun change of pace. Lots of small and varied marine life that you don't see drift diving. Easily worth the time and effort. We will be doing it again and exploring different places.

I would strongly advise a floating dive marker. Lots of boats overhead.

My son and I just got back from an 8 day trip to Cozumel. We did 4 shore dives and 20 boat dives. The shore diving was a fun change of pace. Lots of small and varied marine life that you don't see drift diving. Easily worth the time and effort. We will be doing it again and exploring different places.

I would strongly advise a floating dive marker. Lots of boats overhead.

Where did you do the shore dives?

Gary

Does anyone know how the shore diving is near the Scuba Du Cozumel neck of the woods? They are near the Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel Resort. I'll be down there in the middle of July and I'd like to get some relaxing shore dives in to test out my new camera and housing.

Took a look at Google Earth and it seems the two shipwrecks are clearly visible. Correct me if I'm wrong.View attachment 438738

If you look closely, what appears to be rubble between the two small ships is actually small coral heads transplanted from the destruction of part of Paradise Reef (making room for another cruise ship) They are interesting but since they are not connected to rock substrate-- will probably be gone in next hurricane.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Does anyone know how the shore diving is near the Scuba Du Cozumel neck of the woods? They are near the Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel Resort. I'll be down there in the middle of July and I'd like to get some relaxing shore dives in to test out my new camera and housing.
At the South end of Presidente is a great place to get in and a nice dive. They built a wall to close it off but a new road was put beside it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom