Guests of Sunscape, Secrets & Residencias Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Response from email sent to RR administration.

Here is the exact text of the rule change:

For access to the pier for diving or other use there is a charge of $2.00 dollars per person or $38 pesos person.

You need to purchase these tickets in advance at the security gate at the entrance to the complex.

If you do not purchase a ticket you will not be able to access the pier.

This change has been put in place by the hotel to assist in the costs of maintaining the pier in good operating condition.

If your diving with DIVE HOUSE OR DIVE PALANCAR you do not need to purchase a ticket as they have concessions in the hotel.

For ALL other dive companies you need to purchase a ticket unless they provide you with a ticket in advance.

Please advise if you have any questions.

Administration

Residencias Reef

Cobra - yes, we have established this and this has been posted earlier in this thread. This will be true for as long as RR has tickets. Once these tickets which have already been purchased are exhausted, they will not be purchasing more. The HOA of RR also had 3 representatives at the meeting and they are working with the dive shops to reach negotiations with the hotel.

RR HOA has also made arrangements with Paradise Beach next door to the south for RR guests to have free access to their pier for pick-ups.

Dive House and Dive Palancar are the in house dive concessions at Sunscape and Secrets respectively. Their concession fee covers their "part" of the pier issue - so of course they are not also being billed for each diver.

Outside dive operations will not be providing tickets in advance unless they have remaining tickets which will be passed on to the divers.

Will post updates AS I have them!

Christi thanks,

RR made it seem that this was the new policy for the future not a short time fix until tickets run out.

That being said I'm not going to walk down to Paradise Beach pier everyday with my dive equipment and then back again. I'm a yearly customer of RR for the last 7 years with the min stay of 3 weeks each year. If this is to be the new norm then this year will be my last at RR. I think my dive partner and his group will also agree. I'm glad to pay the $2 per day as it was years ago when a representative of the resort came up and ask for it - just don't make it difficult. I'm on vacation.

Thanks Christi and all other dive operators for trying to get this settled.

Cobra - yes, we have established this and this has been posted earlier in this thread. This will be true for as long as RR has tickets. Once these tickets which have already been purchased are exhausted, they will not be purchasing more. The HOA of RR also had 3 representatives at the meeting and they are working with the dive shops to reach negotiations with the hotel.

RR HOA has also made arrangements with Paradise Beach next door to the south for RR guests to have free access to their pier for pick-ups.

Dive House and Dive Palancar are the in house dive concessions at Sunscape and Secrets respectively. Their concession fee covers their "part" of the pier issue - so of course they are not also being billed for each diver.

Outside dive operations will not be providing tickets in advance unless they have remaining tickets which will be passed on to the divers.

Will post updates AS I have them!
Hi Christi,
I will be on site feb 4 pm. I will speak to Management about the procedure. I think it was 2-3 years ago that they charged $2 per but it was collected at the pier or paid to the on site vendor. As it was at the Sand dollar pier. So the fee is not new to long time repeat guest it just hasn't been in force the last couple years. Difference is it was not uniformly collected and I know personally $ did not always make it to the accountant. As TS owners we have been fighting with the Resort on several issues (without luck) ever since the 5 million disappeared about 8 years ago. Once this Manager sets something up he has never backed away. I think the only thing he may do is allow the purchase of Pier Pass at the front desk. We had over 400 TS owners complaining about contract violations by the resort and not one was ever settled in our favor. We spoke to a few Mexican local Attorneys and they would not even think of going after the resort as they put it " lost cause".
see you in a couple weeks.

Hi Christi,
I will be on site feb 4 pm. I will speak to Management about the procedure. I think it was 2-3 years ago that they charged $2 per but it was collected at the pier or paid to the on site vendor. As it was at the Sand dollar pier. So the fee is not new to long time repeat guest it just hasn't been in force the last couple years. Difference is it was not uniformly collected and I know personally $ did not always make it to the accountant. As TS owners we have been fighting with the Resort on several issues (without luck) ever since the 5 million disappeared about 8 years ago. Once this Manager sets something up he has never backed away. I think the only thing he may do is allow the purchase of Pier Pass at the front desk. We had over 400 TS owners complaining about contract violations by the resort and not one was ever settled in our favor. We spoke to a few Mexican local Attorneys and they would not even think of going after the resort as they put it " lost cause".
see you in a couple weeks.

Lou, are you talking about Residencias Reef or Secrets/Sunscape ?

Latest and greatest......here is my most recent reply from Sunscape/Secrets today---if the dive operator wants them they will send them to them or if I want I can pick them up myself at the front desk---we'll see.
IMAG1003.jpg

No news on this ?

I posted a new thread today . Also - this is a nice misleading letter from the hotel.

What is actually means is "Yes, you can pick up your bracelets at the front desk, but your dive operator must purchased them." Guests cannot purchase them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom