non diver at coco view

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think I've witnessed more than one or two non divers at the resort in any of our trips. My observations are if the non diver is ok to sit in a lounge chair on a platform over the water and work on his or her tan interspersed with reading books/napping while lying in a hammock under the covered gazebo (again over water), the odd kayak, and snorkelling over the great front yard reef then it's an adequate place. They can mix in conversations with Wily at the bar in the afternoons and getting to know all the funky slants to the pool table.

If the non diver snorkels and are comfortable on a boat then there are a more options. There is information on the CCV site but I think a number of the sites have a shallow enough reef the snorkeller would have a decent time and they'd get to see more of the island. The front yard has great snorkelling in waist-deep bathtub temperature water. There are loads of critters to see right off the gazebo. For the divers don't ignore the area left and right of the 15 foot marker. Some of our best dive experiences from our last trip were done in that 15-20 feet of water. Lots of small eels, cleaning stations, and life are right there if you just chill out in the shallows. We were having the guys drop us as the Prince Albert so we could spend an hour plus in the shallows.

If they are wanting a real beach experience, a bunch of activities outside their door, and other non divers to do it with then they likely won't enjoy themselves unless they are good on their own. They might have a better experience at one of the beach houses as there is a small strip of sand in front of them...though the sand flys/noseeums would likely be a problem. The comments above about the internet are accurate...though we have streamed movies before. I also wonder if one were adventurous enough to swim across to Fantasy Island and plop down on one of their multitude of unused chairs if anyone would mind. Bringing a few bucks to tip and buy drinks with might help. I'm not sure if anyone has ever tried.

My wife no longer dives since she cannot equalize her ears. However she reads, snorkels and unwinds while the rest of us dive our brains out. She keeps going back without complaint. YMMV.

My wife no longer dives since she cannot equalize her ears. However she reads, snorkels and unwinds while the rest of us dive our brains out. She keeps going back without complaint. YMMV.

You're a lucky guy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom