Please delete my account

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Landstander

Contributor
Reaction score
I've already requested this via the Contact Us form, but for completeness I'll post it here as well. Please delete my account, including all content and profile data.

While ScubaBoard has been a helpful resource, it's also a surprisingly toxic community. This has been building little by little for some time, and I've finally come to a realization... I no longer feel like there's any point posting here, even when I truly believe that I have something useful to contribute. Even lurking has gradually become distasteful.

In short, it's time to extricate myself to the fullest extent possible and move on. Thank you.

Accounts are not deleted. It causes too many problems with threads you have participated in. You may go back and delete all of your posts, and delete your profile.

Accounts are not deleted. It causes too many problems with threads you have participated in. You may go back and delete all of your posts, and delete your profile.

That figures. One more to love about this site.

Is it possible for you to disable the account in a way that clearly marks it as inactive?

No. Just delete your content and don't log in. After 5 years of inactivity we will allow your name to be used by someone else.

No. Just delete your content and don't log in. After 5 years of inactivity we will allow your name to be used by someone else.

"Delete your content" isn't really a working answer, since it doesn't appear that I can remove items (older than 24 hours?) from threads that I didn't originate. If this is incorrect, please enlighten me.

That figures. One more to love about this site.

If you think SB is harsh, try breathing seawater.
Toxic? Nah...people will disagree and argue till the end.
Politics, religion and scuba....
I do think most mean well and some draw on decades of instruction.

My advice?
Go jump in a lake!

Best wishes,
Kevin

Back
Top Bottom