Best Barefoot Fins for Frog Kicking?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheShark1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all. Title really says it all. I'm an instructor/frog-kicker. And an equipment minimalist also.. so I don't like boots.

Just curious what you guys think is the best barefoot fin on the market for me.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

My favorite is the Mares Sea King.

It's stiffer than most similar looking full foot fins. I've pushed 5 cylinders with them many times and they aren't shockingly underpowered (considering they are smaller than many), high sidewalls for reverse.

I've had my eye on some of the former Soviet fin designs, they look good.

Dove upwards of 40 different fins over the years and these make it in my top 3 for frogkick.

Attachments

• images (4).jpeg
    images (4).jpeg
    10.2 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
I've always had good performance out of the Mares Avanti line of fins, although I couldn't tell you the difference between them in terms of performance. I'm not really sure there is much to be honest.

There are only two fins worth diving (total troll). Jetfins and Quattros. Live with the boots it’s worth it.

Another vote for the Avanti Quattro fins listed above. They are the only fins I dive now. A little longer than most dive fins but not as long as free diving fins. I’ve had numerous fins over the past 25+ years of diving and these are the best I’ve owned.

I love my Scubapro Go fins for warm water. Easier to frog kick in than my Mares Quatros for cold water. Though the lack of a drysuit makes most things easier in warm water. Plus the bungee straps make them easy to get on and off.

Mako Competition Freediver

Competition Freediver II Fins | MAKO Spearguns

I've dived mine off boats (FL and Hawaii), sandy shore dives (FL) and rocky shore dives (Hawaii). They are awesome. Frog kicks. Back kicks. Whatever kick you want. Just don't wear them into a confined space. They are LONG. :)

AquaLung Express full foot. These are my work fins and I too am a frog kicker. Wide fairly stiff blades and comfortable foot pockets. Nice color options if that is an interest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom