How should the booties fit the FF?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

meimei

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello

May I ask how should the booties fit the FF?

I been using Henderson Insta Dry 7mm booties Women size 6 with FF Original size L the last 10yrs.
As my cuneiform bone is protruding I had to cut a hole on the top of the fins. Ever since I have used those fins on all sorts of dives in the tropics. I LOVE my FFs!

I tried using my pair of Tan Deltas but they feel a tad stiff for me. (I am only 5'2" and 105lbs) So I went back to the Originals.

However recently those old booties has started giving me blisters on one of my heels. Thus I bought a generic 5mm bootie from Dive Gear Express. It is super comfortable but the heel is flushed to the back of the FF and i can feel my bootie swiiming a bit in the fins. I shortened the bungee a bit but its still loose. And my FFs fell out of my booties when I tried to fin up onto a zodiac to rolll myself up. Fortunately one of the guys dived down to retrieved it for me.

Thus I have 3 Qs. I am wondering if I should move down to a size ML or a size M. We do not have a distributor here anymore so I cannot try it to decide before I buy.

Secondly should I get back a Original or try the Pro? My husband suggested I get the pro.

Thirdly will you be in ADEX in Singapore in April? Or do you have a representative in Singapore who carry the various sizes so we can try?*

*having said that I shortened the bungee and they felt ok on land but back in the water the pads on the bungee started flipping back again. I was v worried when I had to do a wall dive or my safety stop in the blue as I was worried I will lose my fins.

Thank you for any kind advise anyone might have.

Warm regards
Marie Beng
Singapore

Marie, my wife likes the orginial and I use the Pro. Due to higher cost each year we no longer can distribute. Had so many distributors around the world, over 600 dealers here in America..sad, but that is life when you choose to make the best fins out of very expensive Poly-urethane. I think the comfort instep might help in sizing. Other Scuba Board memeber might be helpful also in answering your questions..... best, Bob

ok I have shortened the strap and hopefully that should last me a while before I buy a new pair of FFs in ML...
will u make them in nice colours again?

Thank you for the reply....

the key for fit is that the bottom of the fin is solidly under heel. Letting it get to far forward from your heel will cause issues. A little lateral play is not an issue. From the way is sounds, I would consider a comfort instep to snug it up a bit.

the key for fit is that the bottom of the fin is solidly under heel. Letting it get to far forward from your heel will cause issues. A little lateral play is not an issue. From the way is sounds, I would consider a comfort instep to snug it up a bit.
Thank you..pal

Thank you for the advise. I think my size L is too big for me with those new booties. My heel is in line with the end of the bottom of the fins and that padding on my bungie strap is touching the fin. My fins are also showing signs of fatigue on the right side more than the left side. Must be the way I fin.
I will post some photos of booties and fins when I get back on my desk.
Just dived in Port Blair. And my hubs-buddy said I MUST GET A NEW PAIR in size Medium or Medium-Large.
Bob... will you make a pair with the cut-out at the TOP of the foot like the Flying Force Fins? Cos I had to cut mine out or my bone will get all sore. I’ll post a photo within the next few days when I get home.
Thank you!
I love my Force Fins!
Marie
Singapore

sorry for asking a silly Q..how do I upload photos within my reply...? I tried a few options but it doesnt seem to work..
Bob.. should I just PM you the photos?

sorry for asking a silly Q..how do I upload photos within my reply...? I tried a few options but it doesnt seem to work..
Bob.. should I just PM you the photos?

Click REPLY then “Upload a file” at the bottom of your message. It’s really easy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom