Duck Feet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excerpt
"In the early twentieth century watermen witnessed swim fins evolve from sticky palm fronds to meticulously manufactured tools. One of the largest steps in that process was taken by Arthur H. Brown. Arthur is described as an expert diver in his day. At the time, Churchill Swim Fins were the only option for increased propulsion in the Ocean. He imagined a fin that provided more thrust and floated. This new symmetrical fin would stand in stark contrast to it’s predecessors and create die-hard fans from the very beginning."
screen-shot-2018-01-01-at-8-09-56-pm.png

Thank you for your postings. I'm sure others more qualified will comment.

I took my full foot Duck Feet fins to the pool today, and enjoyed getting them wet. These fins are very comfortable, and while not as powerful as my Giant U.D.T. Duck Feet, they were certainly very acceptable. I swam laps with them, did some surface dives, and simply enjoyed the water with them.

I have two sets of full foot Duck Feet, and the other set is marked "blemished." The other set is in better shap (this set has some minor cracking on the rubber surface), but has the rib extending right across the toes. This set has th toes free f the center rib, which makes them more comfortable

John

Great posting on the history of Duck Feet ! I worked with a fellow 30 years ago and he had
a pair and loved them !
Sea Dwellers

I used mine yesterday in the pool. They still perform well, but I cannot use them in open water until it warms up, as they only fit over my thin pool booties.

SeaRat

Back
Top Bottom