Xstream 1st. Stage linked to Cyklon 2nd. Stage

Xstream 1st. Stage linked to Cyklon 2nd. Stage ?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Strychnine

Registered
Reaction score
One question :poke:...

Is it OK to link :cuddles: an Xstream 1st. with a pair of Cyklon 2nd ?

If we fire up :gas: the IPS of the Xstream to 166 PSI :stirpot: ... should be OK ? Right ? :idk:

:thumb: ... great ! Happy to see that some did and still Alive :acclaim:

:wink:

I 'm just wondering why POSEIDON didn't made this pair before?

One of the best modern diaphragm regulator 1st. with a old school bullet proof Panzer 2nd .

Could be nice pair , if fine tuned ?

Last edited:
:thumb: ... great ! Happy to see someone who did and still Alive :acclaim:

:wink:

I 'm just wondering why POSEIDON didn't made this pair before?

One of the best modern diaphragm regulator 1st. with a old school bullet proof Panzer 2nd .

Could be nice pair , if fine tuned ?

There was actually a reason why they didn't do it initially, but I can't remember what it was. I suspect on the new one it was a marketing decision more than anything. The Cyklon is a annoying because it is incompatible with anything else due to the high IP, and the Jetstream/Xstream breathe better and are compatible with each other. The Cyklon is nice because it is downstream and is easy to open to clean if you are a sump diver, but that's about the only thing it has going for it.

Going with the MK3 first stage wouldn't make it breathe much better than the 3790. The only thing it would have is a slightly better balance across tank pressure, but the cyklon is pretty flexible with IP compared to the other two that are a lot more picky and do actually perform better on the newer first stage

As always , marketing rules :lock: and locked are the perspectives.

I know about the high actuation point IP on the cyklon... if we can't breath properly at 145 IP ... let's tune up the 1st. stage to 166

I really love the way they made the balance on the Xstream ... very smart idea .

But , as always , if we don't talk about... it doesn't exist , it is wrong .... or unsafe. E.V.I.L

Thank you for the reply and informative experience :thumb:

Last edited:
my vote for this poll is more of, I wouldn't because I'd use what I think to be a better second stage and put my Jetstreams on there, but that's just me

I understand , but it was just about the undisputed solid construction of the cyklon 2nd. stage and the specific IPS we need to breath it correctly.
And the very smart balance engine of the Xstream over the traditional balanced pistons.

I come from ATOMIC ... i know what smooth means , but i know what last for one summer means too ^^
APEKS micro plastic stuff are also in the same bag.
Bored with plastic ultra compact overpriced garbage toys... i understand the old guys now when they sing , was better before ... or i dive my conshelf since 1960... look at this MK5 , like new and breath like a dream with only 2 Orings...

Obsolescence :cheers: Marketing the best friends ever ^^

Also , why a spring so rude on the cycklon 2nd stage seat ? ... they could match this strong 2nd. with anything under 150 IP ... and win money ^^ .

the mk3 uses similar technology to the 2960 and 3960 first stages which are all radically different than most other diaphragms. The difference is the bullet of the old ones was replaced with the sphere. It's more ideal, but not enough to warrant buying that first stage if you have good ones.

No sense in redesigning that regulator. It would create a new model number to get the flow and breathing right and it is far more work for a reg that will never breathe as well as the Jetstream or Xstream. The Jetstream is about as robust, though the Xstream obviously isn't.

...i already own a old 180 Deco xstream... was thinking about a link with a pair of cyklon ^^ ... or Italians metal 2nd'stages.

I use the xstream to blast the dust in the garage ^^ ... really ...

And i don't like so much how it breath above 60 feet... i had Atomic for long and was very nice... but i want to go for full metal bulletproof reg set.
I know that if you fine tune old stuff , it can surprise you.
I even been surprised on how a basic MK2 / S600 can be sweet with nice set up , until the tank reserve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom