A Plastic ocean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TruckDiver1981

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all, did a little search on here but could not find anything on this one (forgive me if i am wrong!)

I am told it is on Netflix, but i am not a TV watcher so i found it via youtube here

I found it to be a brilliant, if really sad watch

That show definitely amped up my recycling, zero footprint efforts, but does not tell all the information about the worldwide contributors, and world wide solutions just a nudge to get people looking into the issues.

That show definitely amped up my recycling, zero footprint efforts, but does not tell all the information about the worldwide contributors, and world wide solutions just a nudge to get people looking into the issues.

Yes me too, and i bang on about it even more to friends and family as well

They deleted it on Youtube since it's a copyright film. But I saw this on Netflix and it was really good. Reminder that we should always take care of where to put our trash.

I recycle all plastics but feel the real answer is to reduce the use of plastics by manufacturers and food processors. Returning to the reusable glass bottles of my youth rather than plastic bottles would be a major step.

I recycle all plastics but feel the real answer is to reduce the use of plastics by manufacturers and food processors. Returning to the reusable glass bottles of my youth rather than plastic bottles would be a major step.

Yeah, I wish they would bring back the glass bottles. And bring back the milk men!

Mrs Flush and myself have tried pretty hard to cut back on what we buy that is contained in plastic but when you are really looking at it, it is used in packaging almost everything. @drbill I think you really are onto what has to be the next step. Manufacturing HAS to get on board with their packaging.

Yeah, I wish they would bring back the glass bottles. And bring back the milk men!

Apparently they have in England... as a result of people wanting to reduce plastics. Kudos!

Highly recommend this to anyone who hasn’t watched it. It’s amazing and really shows you about the impact we have on our oceans...

I agree with plastic overuse but remember older times when we used glass and saw glass broken all over pavements and on beaches. We just need to try to protect the environment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom