Anyone been diving lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

0321tony

Registered
Reaction score
This Alaska thread is dead, anyone been diving recently? I was able to get to Smittys the middle of January to try out some new gear but that's about it. Had a couple good dives though, good clarity and got buzzed by a sea lion, those are always so cool to see. I'm planning to go back there again on the 10th or 11th, hopefully get out to the sea whips and get some pictures of them then stay a bit shallower for the second dive and look for the little things. The last two times my buddy has been down hes found a Spiny lumpsucker, I have been looking for one but have never gotten to see one yet. Hopefully I can find a few nudis too.
I suck at photography but I have fun trying anyways.

Yeah man, it's a bummer that this forum is pretty silent. I am down in Ketchikan though, and me and some pals have been doing some great diving here. We logged 20 scuba and a few freedives in DEC, 19 in JAN, and we've only taken like three days off in FEB so far. If you ever get down this way we can sure take you on some good dives, we spear fish, scallop, check out wrecks, and freedive for abs too. Take care man

Sounds like a good time down there. I would love to get down that way and dive for king crab. You guys definitely have more to dive for than we do up here at least that I have found. I have seen a few scallops but its one here and one there. I'm sure there is better places but I haven't found them yet. I logged 7 dives last week in Whittier so that is a good week for me. It'll most likely be a few weeks till I can get in the water again but I'm already looking forward to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom