instructor insurance recomendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bowers

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am finishing my instructor cert soon and have started looking around at different insurance options for teaching independently of a shop. I have found a few good options already but wanted to see what some others with experience in this department have to say. Any info is appriciated. Thanks in advance!

If you haven’t already check Divers Alert Network (DAN) Insurance Program. I’m an independent and into my second year with DAN Professional Liability Insurance.

If you haven’t already check Divers Alert Network (DAN) Insurance Program. I’m an independent and into my second year with DAN Professional Liability Insurance.

The two that look the best to me right now are "DAN" and "witherspoon and associates". They are very close in price and coverage. Have you had to use your DAN coverage? I like the idea of sticking with DAN because im already a member and carry personal insurance through them. but ive never filed a claim and dont know how good they are to work with. On the other hand witherspoon is a similar price and ive been told they are very personal and helpful when needed.

Thank goodness I’ve never had to file a claim, and hope never to have to. All my contacts with DAN have been positive, and I have no reason to believe it would be otherwise. Guess you will have to go with your gut to make your choice.

Back
Top Bottom