ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2019 Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Many of the questions posted here are easily found on the resorts' websites, which were included with the description of the trip. Thanks for all your hard work and planning, Dennis and Roxanne, and your patience with all these inquiring Scubaboarders.
Beqa Lagoon Resort
Dive into the Heart of Fiji - Volivoli Beach

It's our pleasure, so please, no worries. We're here to help and answer questions to make the event run as smoothly as possible.

Hi Roxanne & Dennis,

Two questions - will the luggage be limited to one checked bag - sometimes groups will get more
Are the quad rooms really more expensive (per person) than the basic room? Usually they are less - just checking

Looks like an awesome trip!!!

Thanks

Hi Roxanne & Dennis,

Two questions - will the luggage be limited to one checked bag - sometimes groups will get more
Are the quad rooms really more expensive (per person) than the basic room? Usually they are less - just checking

Looks like an awesome trip!!!

Thanks

Second Question First
Yes the quad units are more expensive because they are much larger. Look at the pictures and descriptions in the links below
Beqa Lagoon Resort
The best accommodation in Fiji! | Beqa Lagoon Resort

There are no pictures for Volivoli sorry. I would expect similar accommodations since they usually host a family.

BAG QUESTION
There are a number of factors that makes 1 answer to this question lacking. Here are the basics:

FREE BAG ALLOWANCE on Fiji Airways- UP TO 50 POUNDS

UP TO 62 LINEAR INCHES

2ND CHECKED BAG FEE - UP TO 50 POUNDS

Air Fiji charges $124 but with the special purchase outlined in the agreement, it is $100 Roundtrip.

CARRY ON ALLOWANCE - 1 ITEM UP TO 15 POUNDS AND UP TO 45 LINEAR INCHES (a small personal item such as a handbag, briefcase etc is also allowed).

Some domestic US carriers have a “basic economy” fare that don’t allow carry on. Be careful if you purchase your own ticket to LAX.

Here are the variables:

A thru fare with a Fiji Airways partner and ticketed on Fiji Airways would have the bags checked all the way thru from origin city to Fiji (factors above apply)

If a point to point ticket is purchased, the checked bag cost to LAX would be based on the specific airline baggage policy in effect at time of departure and even ticket fare type purchased which can vary but presently range from $25 for the first bag to $50 for the second

If someone is a frequent flyer with status that would have an effect on bag costs

Certain credit cards issued in conjunction with a specific airline can offer a free bag (or 2) for domestic travel.

While there may be a lower cost air ticket available from/to your origin city, there are value considerations that have to be factored including point to point tickets versus thru tickets, the cost of excess baggage fees, air alliance carrier advantages. Once you get a spot we encourage ALL CREW MEMBERS to check with Maduro to see if they can save you money on a thru ticket.

Second Question First
Yes the quad units are more expensive because they are much larger. Look at the pictures and descriptions in the links below
Beqa Lagoon Resort
The best accommodation in Fiji! | Beqa Lagoon Resort

There are no pictures for Volivoli sorry. I would expect similar accommodations since they usually host a family.

BAG QUESTION
There are a number of factors that makes 1 answer to this question lacking. Here are the basics:

FREE BAG ALLOWANCE on Fiji Airways- UP TO 50 POUNDS

UP TO 62 LINEAR INCHES

2ND CHECKED BAG FEE - UP TO 50 POUNDS

Air Fiji charges $124 but with the special purchase outlined in the agreement, it is $100 Roundtrip.

CARRY ON ALLOWANCE - 1 ITEM UP TO 15 POUNDS AND UP TO 45 LINEAR INCHES (a small personal item such as a handbag, briefcase etc is also allowed).

Some domestic US carriers have a “basic economy” fare that don’t allow carry on. Be careful if you purchase your own ticket to LAX.

Here are the variables:

A thru fare with a Fiji Airways partner and ticketed on Fiji Airways would have the bags checked all the way thru from origin city to Fiji (factors above apply)

If a point to point ticket is purchased, the checked bag cost to LAX would be based on the specific airline baggage policy in effect at time of departure and even ticket fare type purchased which can vary but presently range from $25 for the first bag to $50 for the second

If someone is a frequent flyer with status that would have an effect on bag costs

Certain credit cards issued in conjunction with a specific airline can offer a free bag (or 2) for domestic travel.

While there may be a lower cost air ticket available from/to your origin city, there are value considerations that have to be factored including point to point tickets versus thru tickets, the cost of excess baggage fees, air alliance carrier advantages. Once you get a spot we encourage ALL CREW MEMBERS to check with Maduro to see if they can save you money on a thru ticket.

Either way we can have a second bag, it just costs us a little money?

I'm scheming on it.

I'm still kicking myself for missing the Philippines trip and I know I'll be kicking myself if I miss this one too!
kick-ass.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom