Mares icon hd net very important please read!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I find the Cobalt to be one of the best computers my family and I have used...except for Shearwater. I have had Oceanic, Hollis and Suunto...so certainly not the full range and I have yet to try the Icon HD. But the Cobalt has been a solid and stable computer since I purchased my first one in 2012. My opinion only of course.

I've never used one personally. All of the other instructors I know used to have one but they kept having issues. Our tech said they are very frustrated with the Cobalt. In fact, what prompted our conversation last night is hat one of our Course Directors was leaving for the Philippines last night and his Cobalt malfunctioned again. He's on his 8th one. I asked him why he doesn't just change and he said he loves the computer, when it works.

Hi
I know this is an old thread, I have an Icon HD net ready black edition with software 4.2 it has now changed date and time 3 times in 2 months now... anybody know if theres any news from Mares regarding a solution for this error.. icon was bought used.. so no
guarantee, and just updated icon to lates firmware 4.2.2

Eh, the old time/date change on the icon. I remember with the old firmware, the date/time would change so often, it's part of my pre-dive procedure to check the date/time on the icon.

However, the time/date change on the latest firmware (4.2.2) is very rare, although it still does happen, for instance if I let my icon discharge completely, the time date will change for sure when the icon is recharged.

If your icon changes date/time when charged, take it to an authorized Mares service center.

My Mares ICON HD is about 8 months old.
MY THIRD YES No.3 Transmitter has failed.
First one failed after about 6 dives
Mares UK says my Computer is OK.....I Agree. I rather like it.
BUT they have to send my Transmitter back to Italy for Repair.
That was 1 Month ago. Still no transmitter.
This cannot be described as ' Service under Warranty '.
An Immediate replacement would have been more appropriate.

Be aware if you are considering the purchase of an ICON

LOUSY SERVICE

Hi 6328Alasdair.

Mares had some problems with the transmitters and the icon Computer, but all were solved.

Only the very first series of transmitters were faulty and all of them were replaced. However, that was some years ago, and if you purchased yours 8 months ago, I'm sure that you didn't get an old one. They're easily discernable as the old ones didn't have any text on the bottom rim of the transmitter, and the new ones do.

If you're dealing with a certified Mares dealer, my suggestion would be to have them ship BOTH the icon AND the trasmitter to Italy to check what's going on.

This forum is mostly monitored by the US Mares rep, and he can't Help you with this problem.

My advice would be to get directly in touch with Mares Italy Support for computers. Make an account at Mares - Computer Support - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software and submit a ticket. If you Know the serial number of the transmitter you send, maybe they can track it if it reached them.

If either the icon or the transmitter are faulty, they should be replaced under warranty.

Good luck!

Zoran

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom