Got this for cleaning regulators...how’d I do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigRed96

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am on my second harbor freight ultrasonic cleaner and they served me well. After looking on Craigslist two nights ago I found this L&R 2014 on Craigslist and ended up getting it for $50. The guy was a dentist so I took it home and sanitized it with some water/bleach. I put some water in it and turned it on and it works like a champ. Only issues are the basket screen is missing and the valve on the back is missing. Other than that it’s in excellent shape. I learned of L&R from reading posts on Scubaboard. I can’t find a whole lot of info. on it but I am pretty happy. Any ideas what to do for the missing valve? The dentist stuffed some purple stuff in it and it holds water. I was go to go to Home Depot and see if I could find a small plug or cap or maybe a compression fitting valve.

Just take a length of flexible tubing and run it up and through that loop at the back then drop it down to drain. No valve necessary.

you got it for a steal!

as for the missing basket, not a problem. grab some plastic auto paint cups or solo cups, fill those with the chemicals you want and the reg parts. Only time you may have to use the full thing is for valves/manifolds. The small cups keep the chemicals and parts all contained and much easier to clean everything

Just take a length of flexible tubing and run it up and through that loop at the back then drop it down to drain. No valve necessary.
That is a great idea! I have some surgical tubing laying around here somewhere.

you got it for a steal!

as for the missing basket, not a problem. grab some plastic auto paint cups or solo cups, fill those with the chemicals you want and the reg parts. Only time you may have to use the full thing is for valves/manifolds. The small cups keep the chemicals and parts all contained and much easier to clean everything
Another excellent idea. Do you fill the surrounding tub with water or like Satto95 asked do you just sit the cup in the tub?

Attach a piece of tubing to the outlet and put a stop cock on it:
17246p.jpg

Then you can put the lid on. As for the missing basket you might find the replacement will cost you more than the cleaner itself.

@BigRed96 the tub still has to be filled with water or you risk burning up the sonic device.

More over it needs to filled to the correct level. Most have a fill to mark.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom