SF2 or REvo rebreathers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No I won't "shut up", just calling you out on your BS. I have tried dived other rebreathers, particularly the JJ, a KISS and Inspo and the WOB of the rEvo, JJ and Inspo were all very comparable, that is effortless, JJ a very nice unit and close call when I considering the purchase. To claim the rEvo is significantly inferior is plain ridicules, either you had yours set up wrong, sitting too low on your back or you are just caught up in the whole small minded dive politics in your region, I suspect it is the latter.

It still remains that rEvo is highly capable expedition level rebreather with a proven track record.

This seems to become quite personal...

As for me, I was previously diving Inspi, Evo and altered Submatix types, not counting prior SCR experience.

It is what it is, I wouldnt mind diving a JJ (I only tried once but kinda like it). Perhaps its the need that makes the choice. I am permanently travelling and often have no workshop nearby yet the need to squeeze all stuff into Pelicases for airtravel. This quite reduces my scope already.

Also, yeah maybe Im a fanboy- its just my hobby, I dont make money from my dives and I respect those who chose this career path. And no- its not my first CCR- but the first CCR that doesnt give me permanent ****.

You're in the same boat. Instead of a piece of crap purple RX7, You're in piece of crap yellow Revo. And you defend it with a tenacity, all the while looking like a goober in a busted RX7 with no experience.

Im certified on four other CCRs, Revo is hands down my favorite.

*I'm not an instructor and have no conflict of interest

Im certified on four other CCRs, Revo is hands down my favorite.

*I'm not an instructor and have no conflict of interest

What are the other 4? Anything can be a favorite, depending on what your other experience is.

Why privately?

Because this thread was about Revo or sf2. Not what ccr is MY favorite.

It's interesting
No I won't "shut up", just calling you out on your BS. I have tried dived other rebreathers, particularly the JJ, a KISS and Inspo and the WOB of the rEvo, JJ and Inspo were all very comparable, that is effortless, JJ a very nice unit and close call when I considering the purchase. To claim the rEvo is significantly inferior is plain ridicules, either you had yours set up wrong, sitting too low on your back or you are just caught up in the whole small minded dive politics in your region, I suspect it is the latter.

It still remains that rEvo is highly capable expedition level rebreather with a proven track record.

Its interesting that you name those. I don't think any of them breathe well. But I like front mounted counterlungs. Did you do any real dives or just try dives?

At least the build quality is good on the JJ. That's the nicest looking CCR on the market.

I know why Tassi thinks the revo breathes good. The Revo breathes perfectly when you're out of trim. :)

And that's a fact!

This seems to become quite personal...

Nothing personal here, just calling out a bit of BS on the interwebs.

The Revo breathes perfectly when you're out of trim. :)

And that's a fact!

As someone who dabbles in a bit of underwater photography and video I will find my self in a variety of positions during a typical dive head up, head down, in trim, out of trim etc I notice little if any change in WOB on the rEvo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom