Looking for Slim Fins in Jakarta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swordfish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I'm from Manila and I'm not aware of any local Force Fin dealers here. I'm traveling to Jakarta next month and I'm looking at replacing my 13-year-old Slim Fins and will buy there if available.

Does anyone know if there's a dealer in Jakarta that carries Slim Fins, preferably the adjustable type? I can also settle on a medium size if the adjustable type isn't available.

Thanks a lot.

Swordfish,,,no one in your Area handles Force Fin. . You can order on line at Forcefin.com ...but mailing to Jakarta the Force Fins never make it..Stolen. Same for Manila...Sorry. Best, Bob

bob has no dealer network. but he sells on amazon now. its unfortunate that he has no outlet to sell to the asian market . he is losing alot of market share

bob has no dealer network. but he sells on amazon now. its unfortunate that he has no outlet to sell to the asian market . he is losing alot of market share
How do you think I feel? Our cost of goods went up over 40 years. This is why no one but me make fins from Poly-urethane..some claim this, but it's fake news. I have tried to close the door several times, but orders come in over the net. The over 600 stores here in America now gone as well as 17 world wide dist...people want cheap fins and so it is what it is..mainly past customers who know our value.

first of all bob your fins are best on market for sure. so dont get me wrong . but as a traveler who is in asia. alot. i could see your sales grow alot if you would sell here. its not rocket science their are certain destinations in asia for diving. u find a dive shop in that area. they are exclusive dealer for you............you got to get the fins into peoples hands. cant do that from California......i will tell you a story........as i know bob that u only want to make in usa. and have American pride. (although i know u sell alot of military fins to us govt. so u might be biased in this area). thier was a kayak company in Canada called feathercraft. they made the coolest high end inflatable kayaks .........but they went belly up because they were unwilling to out source to china...........now thier is finally a kayak company that is doing well worldwide (finally) its called epic. the boats are made in china and sold worldwide thru dealer networks. bob i would suggest you look at the epic kayak model for selling product. if your costs to produce the fins were halved in china or vietnam. then you could have some dealers to pay to promote your product............heck. epic is even considering bringing back onto market a feathercraft like boat. outsourced in china to cut costs. people want value not cheap and i dont know what other fins cost but your originals are 229. dollars with shipping i woud assume 250 for fins is alot of money. my guess is most of your money is made from us govt contracts thus u have the American flag waving on your site

i
How do you think I feel? Our cost of goods went up over 40 years. This is why no one but me make fins from Poly-urethane..some claim this, but it's fake news. I have tried to close the door several times, but orders come in over the net. The over 600 stores here in America now gone as well as 17 world wide dist...people want cheap fins and so it is what it is..mainly past customers who know our value.

i dont understand your comment are u saying you wanted to close your business? are u saying that because business pours in over internet is reason you continue to sell product? are u saying that you have no dealers because it would add more cost to unit? bob . their are alot of new customers . old ones will die off. need to go after new customers. and i bet alot of your old customers were gotten when you had dealer networks. ?

first of all bob your fins are best on market for sure. so dont get me wrong . but as a traveler who is in asia. alot. i could see your sales grow alot if you would sell here. its not rocket science their are certain destinations in asia for diving. u find a dive shop in that area. they are exclusive dealer for you............you got to get the fins into peoples hands. cant do that from California......i will tell you a story........as i know bob that u only want to make in usa. and have American pride. (although i know u sell alot of military fins to us govt. so u might be biased in this area). thier was a kayak company in Canada called feathercraft. they made the coolest high end inflatable kayaks .........but they went belly up because they were unwilling to out source to china...........now thier is finally a kayak company that is doing well worldwide (finally) its called epic. the boats are made in china and sold worldwide thru dealer networks. bob i would suggest you look at the epic kayak model for selling product. if your costs to produce the fins were halved in china or vietnam. then you could have some dealers to pay to promote your product............heck. epic is even considering bringing back onto market a feathercraft like boat. outsourced in china to cut costs. people want value not cheap and i dont know what other fins cost but your originals are 229. dollars with shipping i woud assume 250 for fins is alot of money. my guess is most of your money is made from us govt contracts thus u have the American flag waving on your site
Well, Thank you. I looked off shore years ago, the material we use is made in America. I would end up with all sorts of problems, Right now the Energy for Force fin is on the back burner. My projects today have become more important for our Planet other than swim fins. I gave Force Fin over 40 years of my life..

i

i dont understand your comment are u saying you wanted to close your business? are u saying that because business pours in over internet is reason you continue to sell product? are u saying that you have no dealers because it would add more cost to unit? bob . their are alot of new customers . old ones will die off. need to go after new customers. and i bet alot of your old customers were gotten when you had dealer networks. ?
You need to understand I do little with Force fin each day, my staff takes orders in from the net. All great ideas. Thank you. Right now Gaspods are rolling home - Gaspods

Back
Top Bottom