Orange 108 parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It would look great too with a SUPRA first stage. Essentially a T shaped Titan.

I had a bunch of SEA and Cousteaus but getting kits was a pain, O rings are odd sizes, the SEA and Cousteau kits aren't the same and I don't like the 1/2" port. The hp end cap and inlet fitting are different. I did manage to get a dealer to sell me kits after a phone call even though Japan is on a geographical ban, but it was a hassle. I moved away from them. They do however look nice and perform very well, heavy as all hell though. Not a big deal but I also noted they have an ip swing 4 times that of a conshelf or Titan, well the ones I own anyway.

Last edited:
I had a bunch of SEA and Cousteaus but getting kits was a pain, O rings are odd sizes, the SEA and Cousteau kits aren't the same and I don't like the 1/2" port. The hp end cap and inlet fitting are different. I did manage to get a dealer to sell me kits after a phone call even though Japan is on a geographical ban, but it was a hassle. I moved away from them. They do however look nice and perform very well, heavy as all hell though. Not a big deal but I also noted they have an ip swing 4 times that of a conshelf or Titan, well the ones I own anyway.

Interesting, mine have 4 normal LP ports.

Were yours the earlier version with slot driven screws at top and bottom or the later version with hex driven screws at top and bottom? I'm trying to guess whether the 1/2" port was a later "innovation" …

I'm going to have to check my IP swing. I haven't really put the gauge on before and after a tank fill

All the Cousteaus had hex and SEA/Supras I've owned had slots. All had 1/2" primary. The last new one I bought, a Cousteau, was in 1999 so I'd guess it was a later thing (?) a friend of mine, also about the same time, bought a Cousteau Micra set and it had all 3/8 ports, go figure. Maybe his was old stock and mine new?

All have had a 6-8ip swing. My Titans and Conshelfs onky 2-3.

Last edited:
VDH diaphragm cover on my 3 156BAs = gap.

Are the 109 face plates different? I've got one but it's in a box somewhere, I'll try to locate it, I'm curious.

No, 108/109/BA all use the same metal cover.

Having had numerous plates re chromed that was my understanding but Matt's post gave me pause. That being the case that gap will persist across all models ?

Last edited:
Having had numerous plates re chromed that was my understanding but Matt's post gave me pause. That being the case that gap will persist across all models ?

Yes, if you have a gap using a particular rubber diaphragm cover that gap will exist on any 108/109/BA it's installed on.

I don't want to speak for Halocline (but I will anyway), he was referring to the rubber cover on some 108s being different. Those 108s had a different lever & diaphragm so the rubber diaphragm cover was also different.

The metal covers on 108/109/BAs are interchangeable.

Interesting, mine have 4 normal LP ports.

Were yours the earlier version with slot driven screws at top and bottom or the later version with hex driven screws at top and bottom? I'm trying to guess whether the 1/2" port was a later "innovation" …

I'm going to have to check my IP swing. I haven't really put the gauge on before and after a tank fill

My SAE have slotted top and bottom, Ans 1 1/2" port.

The swing is not bigger than on my conshelfs ( XIV and 21) or titans (LX supreme 2 ACD 1 witout)

Back
Top Bottom