Pelagic-made Genesis computers made in China, or California?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark IV

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Even in the lengthy lists of details,stats,features,specs, some information of obvious interest can still be tough to find. I posted questions on the websites of 2 large retailers, and got conflicting answers. I was told the new React/Resource computers were made in the USA and came with a 2 year warranty, then was told that they are made in China, and come with a 1 year warranty. Both operations seem to be selling the latest/newest versions.
This isn't crititcally important or anything, and I'm not necessarilly sold on these computers, I'm just doing a bunch of casual research, and am curious.

For anyone also wondering, I messaged Genesis and asked, and they replied that ALL their computers are made here in the states.

final assembly is up in san leandro afaik, but some of the parts may be sourced overseas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom