Mares MR22 First Stage Regulator DIN Adaptor Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,
I use a Mares MR22 first stage regulator. I converted it with a DIN adapter from yoke when I bought it about 1 and 1/2 years ago. Recently I have had a problem when doing pre dive checks the DIN adaptor coming loose when turning the air on and the O-Ring inside the regulator blowing. Does anybody know why this is happening or a solution?

Tighten it. It's just a big bolt. You may need a pretty large thin wrench to get at the flats. You need to hold the reg body firmly and use some force to tighten it well.

You can also use an allen wrench to take off the top spinning threaded part. Then you can get off the "bolt" part with the flats more easily if your wrench is too fat. That may be worth doing. Remove O-rings, soak it for ~ 10" in a 50:50 vinegar:water mixture to clean the gunk out of the threads. Clean with a toothbrush. After awhile the threads of both the tank and the DIN get coated with thin saltwater corrosion and it makes them turn harder.
There's an O-ring that seals against the reg body on the underside. Make sure it's in place and OK.

I would guess that the adapter has come unscrewed slightly. Or if it is now tight, perhaps it came loose earlier, and the inside oring extruded. The leak you describe sounds like it is coming past the inner o-ring seal.

I would remove the DIN adapter, check the Orings, and reinstall.

Lol, @fmerkel beat me to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom