Xstream 1st. Stage linked to Cyklon 2nd. Stage

Xstream 1st. Stage linked to Cyklon 2nd. Stage ?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No , i keep this nice regulator , it will be serviced soon... i just plan to buy nice bulletproof metal downstream 2nd... cyklon are on sight , but i know aqualung , scubapro ,kirby morgan did a great job too with metal housing .

We put Cyclons on Xstream !st stages several years ago for our stage and deco regs because we wanted the reliability of the Xstream 1st stage with the downstream Cyclon 2nd...less chance of water creeping up the hoses if the reg depressurized before it was time to use it, + no gush of air waiting till the reg IP locked up in cold water. They've been bullet proof so far. We have used Xstream 1st & 2nds on our back gas tanks since they came on the market and have found them to be just as reliable. Pre the introduction of the Xstream we always used the Cyclons for all our regs as I personally never liked the idea of a single inhale/exhaust diaphragm in the Jetstreams. We found the Xstream 1st stage to be more reliable in our conditions than the older Cyclon 1st stage so we got Xstream 1xt stages to replace them and used the Xstream/Cyclon combo on our stage/deco tanks. I wasn't worried about cranking up the IP to match the Cyclons as the original spec on the original Xstream non adjustable 1st stage was 116-160 psi depending on the variability of the mainspring manufacture so I wasn't worried about that aspect of the match. The Cyclons breathe better on the Xstream 1st stage than on the Cyclon 1st stage, but do not match the ease of breathing that we get from the Xstream regulator.

:thumb:

I was sure that someone did it ... and survived ^^

So, the IP of my xstream 1st. is 9.6 bar ... i may crank it up to 10 or 11 with teflon washers ...like on the Atomic .

I know what you mean about the xstream 2nd. ... it is a great regulator , it helps pushing air on lungs .
Or for assistance , as an heavy machine gun Octo.

But i plan to dive quiet , slow deep breaths to focus on marine life and making photos, videos... not trying to screw M50 bolts under a rusty wreck submarine at 500 feet ^^

Thank you for your reply and your vote ... :wink:

:thumb:

I was sure that someone did it ... and survived ^^

So, the IP of my xstream 1st. is 9.6 bar ... i may crank it up to 10 or 11 with teflon washers ...like on the Atomic .

I know what you mean about the xstream 2nd. ... it is a great regulator , it helps pushing air on lungs .
Or for assistance , as an heavy machine gun Octo.

But i plan to dive quiet , slow deep breaths to focus on marine life and making photos, videos... not trying to screw M50 bolts under a rusty wreck submarine at 500 feet ^^

Thank you for your reply and your vote ... :wink:

You don't use washers to adjust the IP...use the adjustable cap on the !st stage, using an allen key, just like most other diaphragm regs. If you have a non adjustable cap, you are either stuck with the IP you have, or you can upgrade the 1st stage by replacing the non adjustable cap with an adjustable one.... I did that with our original Xstream 1st stages rather than buy new 1st stages.

... yes , but teflon washers cost 5$ ... the allen key upgrade cap is near 60$ ^^ ... i can find few minutes to adjust it in a vice and remove the original cap carrefuly.
...i'm patient :wink:
I know that i could adjust the reg in the field if something change... but i may order the kit later =)

... yes , but teflon washers cost 5$ ... the allen key upgrade cap is near 60$ ^^ ... i can find few minutes to adjust it in a vice and remove the original cap carrefuly.
...i'm patient :wink:
I know that i could adjust the reg in the field if something change... but i may order the kit later =)

So.. you don't think your neck is worth $60.00? There's a reason why Poseidon doesn't use Teflon washers to adjust the IP....

:p haha ...:D i was sure... i said i will... i have time before jumping into the water.
Too cold for a wetsuit actualy ^^ ...

I already watched for the product... i will try to find it in blck chrome... black chrome one will hold IPS a bit better than chromed cap :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom