Adding Shoulder Pad into Deluxe Harness with QR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

syamimramli

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

Is this possible? adding a Dive Rite shoulder pad (BC1086B) into the Dive Rite Deluxe Harness with Quick Release (BC1080Q)? Can Dive Rite guide me?

I would assume you could trim the neoprene to fit your harness to your liking. If your not sure about it, Dive Gear Express has an online chat function on their web site, so can ask them directly

I would assume you could trim the neoprene to fit your harness to your liking. If your not sure about it, Dive Gear Express has an online chat function on their web site, so can ask them directly

Thank you for the suggestions.

Seeing that it is essentially a transplate then, likely not a problem (though the tp has upper and lower webbing assemblies) the ones I have made have been sourced from various manufacturers components, and the shorter scubapro pads work really well. Keep in mind, for d rings, you need the open front pads or you will need to cut the neoprene type ones...

Seeing that it is essentially a transplate then, likely not a problem (though the tp has upper and lower webbing assemblies) the ones I have made have been sourced from various manufacturers components, and the shorter scubapro pads work really well. Keep in mind, for d rings, you need the open front pads or you will need to cut the neoprene type ones...

If I'm not mistaken, the deluxe harness with QR also have the same kind of assemblies upper and lower webbing.

In terms of cutting the neoprene, which option would be better?
1. Cut the whole neoprene in order to make it shorter to where you will put the d rings
2. Slice the top portion of the neoprene ones and slide your d rings?

Tough thing about sleeves is you only have one chance to get it right...

Back
Top Bottom