People who bought a BP/W before trying one, were you happy with your decision?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well you described me to a T and I ordered one. I did get the AL plate though. My goal is to reduce the volume of my equipment for travel, the set up is lighter also than my Zeagle Brigade. I will find out if I regret it soon enough.

I expect that you won't regret it because I expect that you know what you ordered and probably compared with alternatives, thought about integrated weight options, compared prices, and decided what matters to you and what not. Or maybe you didn't and find out later that for example a Zeagle Covert would have been as good and cheaper and preferred by most divers in your situation, but even that doesn't mean you have to regret your choice but you will still be OK with it.
There's only one issue with BP/W that's not so obvious and I remember a friend didn't like, that's when diving very warm water in a thin suit or just in a t-shirt, the metal plate without padding was inconvenient.

I've made a couple of warm water trips wearing board shorts and a t-shirt plus a few dives without the shirt. My steel plate and one piece harness were not even noticeable. It all comes down to adjusting it for your own fit.

No need to get insulted Tobin, and I am speaking as a “common” and “vulgar” technical salesperson, still seeking to “corrupt” the innocent buyers with my irresistible and intoxicating sales swag: The frilly Fish grilling Apron advertising the (hypothetical) Franny’s Fishcapades Event celebrating the (Potential) Lionfish Hunt to market the (as-yet-not-invented) awesome new speargun. Please don’t misunderstand my motives! I just want to have fun!

I remain opposed to marketing efforts that rely on incentivizing sale agents in ways that are not transparent to the customer or their employer.

The classic examples include the financial advisor getting kickbacks or undisclosed commissions vs a straight fee to service advisor,or a local rep paying "spiffs" to sales people without the knowledge of their employer.

Disclose the commissions or clear the 'spiffs' with the shop owner and I have no objection.

I've never said providing "swag" was universally wrong.

It's a pretty simple distinction that no doubt you are aware of, yet you continue to intentionally mis represent my position.

Tobin

Tobin, you were soooo close to being a reasonable guy until you tagged that last line onto your post. There is no way to confuse advertising swag, which is meant to be seen and shine in its glittering, glory in front of everyone, with sneaky, underhanded behind-the-shop-owners-back payoffs. The business owner should get the swag FIRST! Yet you have smeared my purely potential product promoting perks in the unkindest of terms, and then turned it on me as the misinterpretor of your intentions. Well this isn’t going to change by getting yet another thread modded out of existence.
Therefore I address to the original poster, that the most likely regret with a BCD is if you don’t shop around and find the right features for your type of diving. The BP for me is the steel Freedom plate, which is shaped to your back, and two different wings depending on dry suit or bathing suit diving. Way cheaper than two completely different poodle jackets.

Tobin, you were soooo close to being a reasonable guy until you tagged that last line onto your post. There is no way to confuse advertising swag, which is meant to be seen and shine in its glittering, glory in front of everyone, with sneaky, underhanded behind-the-shop-owners-back payoffs. The business owner should get the swag FIRST! Yet you have smeared my purely potential product promoting perks in the unkindest of terms, and then turned it on me as the misinterpretor of your intentions.

Complete Nonsense.

You continue to intentionally mis represent my positions.

Twice now in this same thread.

I said exactly nothing about what policies and practices you are comfortable with the exception of your continued, intentional misrepresentation of my positions.

Do let me know how I "smeared my purely potential product promoting perks in the unkindest of terms" when I've said nothing about that?

My position is clear:

Transparency first. Self interest second.

Pretty simple.

Tobin

The deluxe harness has shoulder pads under the webbing, and quick release buckles on the shoulder straps. The shoulder pads are nice if you've got to hike any distance from your vehicle to the water.

Are you using the Dive Rite Deluxe Harness with the QR?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom