Bayhibe DR August 2017 ScubaFun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John Bortle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just got back from the DR and wanted to thank the board for it's recommendations for a dive op. ScubaFun was fantastic to deal with and dive with from start to finish. I did 5 days of 2 tank dives with them and enjoyed every dive.

I would like to thank Sanne, who works the office end of things and is a future great DM in training. I would like to mention the DMs that I dove with who were all fantastic,Marco,Alesandro(hope that's correct) and Emes. I always felt safe and well looked after. Also Morgan who I never got to dive with or John were fantastic just to hang out with.

I can wholeheartedly recommend ScubaFun to divers of all levels and I will certainly dive with them again.

Glad to hear Scuba Fun's streak of positive reviews continues.

What did you think about the diving in that area vs. other places you've been? Did you do anything fun topside, or see anything that looked appealing?

I ask because many of us are blessed with a range of choices to make in terms of dive destination, but can't choose all of them (at least in the next few years). The question is not just 'is it good,' but 'is it better for me than my other options?'

Richard.

I really enjoyed the fact that the majority of dives were rather shallow so the bottom time was really good.Also the reefs are in good condition in my judgement.Another thing that I really enjoyed was the amount of wrecks we got to dive. I am a history junkie so being able to see the remnants of a ship that sunk in 1724 is super cool to me.

My wife and I stayed at an all inclusive about 10 minutes away which she(non diver) really liked and I did as well.This trip was also done on a very reasonable budget as well. We are used to vacationing in Turks and Caicos which is not very budget friendly.

The other huge factor was ScubaFun itself. These folks are fantastic and will do everything within their power to make sure you have a great time. When an unplanned opportunity arose for me to dive the St. George wreck, John personally drove me back to my resort to retrieve my GoPro so that I could record my experience! I honestly don't believe many other operators would have done that for me.

Hopefully this will give you a little more food for thought Richard.I truly can't recommend ScubaFun enough.If you have any other questions,please feel free to ask.

I'm thinking about Bahia Principe Bouganville for an anniversary trip later in the winter. Would you happen to have an idea about how long of a cab ride it would be to the ScubaFun dive shop?

I'm thinking about Bahia Principe Bouganville for an anniversary trip later in the winter. Would you happen to have an idea about how long of a cab ride it would be to the ScubaFun dive shop?
I'm not sure exactly where that resort is located. You may want to contact ScubaFun directly. They were more than helpful in every way.

"My wife and I stayed at an all inclusive about 10 minutes away which she(non diver) really liked and I did as well." What all inclusive was this John? I may be planning a trip soon and the non diver really wants to go to an AI.

"My wife and I stayed at an all inclusive about 10 minutes away which she(non diver) really liked and I did as well." What all inclusive was this John? I may be planning a trip soon and the non diver really wants to go to an AI.
We stayed at the Iberostar Hacienda de Dominicus. We had a great time and were treated very well.

Try plugging it into Mapquest.

Ended up going to Jibacao, Antiqua and in April Bonaire for this year,Thanks anyways.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom