West palm help 3/9-11 help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wicket

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey friends I'll be in Palm Beach 3/9-11 doing the BHB hopefully 2 of those days but I'd like to try a boat dive in the area. Bringing a friend who is OW so not looking to do anything too deep. If we see sharks great but i'm not looking to do a shark only feed type dive. Any good boats you guys recommend? I was looking at Starfish but they don't have any trips that weekend. Would it be possible to do say a 2 tank dive on saturday and still make it back for the tide at BHB at 4:00pm? Thanks for any help you can offer

Several West Palm Beach and Jupiter operators have two trips on Saturday and Sunday; I use Narcosis Dive Company; they have an 8am boat Saturday morning out of Riviera Beach Marina; they will be back from the 8am trip not later than 1pm; it's about a five minute drive from there to BHB. Other West Palm Beach operators and Jupiter operators will also be able to accomodate; you can call Force E and get information about multiple boats/operators from them; they have a dive shop about a block from BHB.

Any must see dive site I should look into when I call the shops?
Thanks

Goliath groupers are awesome the first time you dive w/ them. They hang out at wrecks especially the Castor. I forgot what time of the year they aggregate (i think its the summer) but you still see a few around in the off season.

Keep in mind diving in that area is hit or miss this time of year with the weather. If the wind is blowing the waves will make it impossible for the boats to get out of the inlet. You may have to shop around to see who is still going out if the weather is iffy.
There's a chance none of the days you go will be divable so keep that in mind.

Also, note that all these dives are drift dives. One of you (or an instabuddy) will have to carry the flag around which if youre not used to, takes a bit of effort especially if the current is ripping.

Little Deeper has trips that (and every weekend...and most weekdays!). Little Deeper is located right at the Blue Heron Bridge and is one of, if not the most experienced dive boat in the area. They run out of Blue Heron Bridge Scuba (www.blueheronbridgescuba.com)

You can also call Force E, they are a reputable shop that doesn't own a boat but can get you on most of the boats in Palm Beach County (they act like a broker). Tell them the sort of dive you want to do and they'll get you a ride.

You can easily do a morning boat dive and a 3:00 BHB dive

Hi @Wicket

You've gotten some good suggestions. I'm already signed up for Saturday the 10th and Sunday the 11th with Underwater Explorers out of Boynton Beach. The reefs are about 60 feet. I'd be glad to take the flag and show you and your buddy around if you want to dive either or both of those days. Morning trips get back in just after noon, it's 15 miles back to West Palm.

Have a great trip,

Craig

Thanks for all the help I’ll be booking later today

Hi @Wicket

You've gotten some good suggestions. I'm already signed up for Saturday the 10th and Sunday the 11th with Underwater Explorers out of Boynton Beach. The reefs are about 60 feet. I'd be glad to take the flag and show you and your buddy around if you want to dive either or both of those days. Morning trips get back in just after noon, it's 15 miles back to West Palm.

Have a great trip,

Craig

Craig I may take you up on this. I have a call in with them for Saturday. I’ll shoot you a pm when I hear back and know what the plan is.
Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom