Maui - Lahaina Divers Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the feedback! However, I find it kind-of funny that you’re all doing a better job of selling us on LD than their own customer service! :)

We did the Lana'i trip with Lahaina Divers last October. We usually dive with Extended Horizons, but were pleased with LD despite the large number of divers on the boat (they more than 20+ divers on the boat). We prefer to dive with smaller groups, but LD did a really good job of managing the numbers, and we were able to dive close to 60 minutes on each dive as we were in the 1st (most experienced) group. I dove Nitrox on AL80 bottles. Didn't notice if anyone else was using AL72s.

I still prefer Extended Horizons for Lana'i (smaller groups), but would have no qualms about using LD again.

Thanks for all the feedback! However, I find it kind-of funny that you’re all doing a better job of selling us on LD than their own customer service! :)

If you want longer dive times, make sure to sign up for the advanced dive package. They don't limit your dive time. Every time I have dove with them I dove until I was low on air (50-60 min). LD advanced dives are great! Molokini backwall, Lania back side drift, Hammerhead dives, and any drift dive with them is great. You will have a great time. The only other Maui dive I have ever done that was a do whatever you want trip is the Ed Robinson advanced 3 dive trip with Ed on the boat.

Back
Top Bottom