ko tao woman hit by boat propeller

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a lawyer, are you, your firm, or anyone you have a relationship with involved in this case at all?

Hi Cowfish Aesthetic

No. I have no direct involvement in the case before the Samui Provincial Court.

No one is paying me.

I do not have a Solicitor/client relationship with anyone who has lost a friend or relative on Koh Tao.

I have however written many articles about murders and suspicious deaths on Koh Tao as well as accidents in the waters involving boats

It seems clear to me that scubaboard is being manipulated in order to generate publicity, for what reasons one can guess.

Ian Yarwood on Twitter

I would strongly encourage the mods to remove this thread.

It would be helpful if greater awareness of this tragedy could be generated from this forum.

That might help prevent future deaths and injuries.

It is up to the moderators but I strongly believe that discussion of this accident is in the public interest.

There seems more left unsaid than said. It seems very peculiar to me that this matter has been revived so emphatically at a time that appears significant with regard to the litigation. Perhaps your motivations are genuine, but I remain unconvinced.

No. I have no direct involvement in the case before the Samui Provincial Court.

Other than writing, and apparently tweeting prolifically, about the matter, do you have any involvement, direct or indirect, with any active or potential case concerning the accident under discussion in any court?

No one is paying me.

Do you stand to benefit in any way (financially, professionally, etc.) from this matter?

I do not have a Solicitor/client relationship with anyone who has lost a friend or relative on Koh Tao.

Other than a solicitor/client relationship, what relationship do you have with the family or friends of the deceased?

There seems more left unsaid than said. It seems very peculiar to me that this matter has been revived so emphatically at a time that appears significant with regard to the litigation. Perhaps your motivations are genuine, but I remain unconvinced.

Other than writing, and apparently tweeting prolifically, about the matter, do you have any involvement, direct or indirect, with any active or potential case concerning the accident under discussion in any court?

Answer: No

Do you stand to benefit in any way (financially, professionally, etc.) from this matter?

Answer: No

Other than a solicitor/client relationship, what relationship do you have with the family or friends of the deceased?

Answer: None apart from interviewing them by phone and email etc

Cowfish, as Elvis once said, we can’t go on together with suspicious minds.

An apology would be nice though Cowfish.

There has been enough distraction and deflection.

It would also be nice if one or more of the experienced divers could address my questions on diver training and warnings (if any) that are given about propellers, suction and the Bernoulli effect.

Cowfish, as Elvis once said, we can’t go on together with suspicious minds.

An apology would be nice though Cowfish.

There has been enough distraction and deflection.

It would also be nice if one or more of the experienced divers could address my questions on diver training and warnings (if any) that are given about propellers, suction and the Bernoulli effect.

Refusing to answer pertinent questions about your involvement in the case will do nothing to quell suspicious minds.

It is an undeniable tragedy that a woman lost her life, and her family and friends have my sincerest sympathy. As with all accidents, it is likely that there are lessons to be learned from her death. But when I suspect that this forum and a woman's death are being manipulated in order to obtain unclear objectives, I will not hesitate to say so. I have done nothing other than question whether you (and the OP) have undisclosed motivations for seeking to publicize this matter and denigrate an individual, a dive shop, and the diving industry of an entire nation four years after the accident in question. I won't apologize for saying so when I smell a rat.

Dear Cowfish

There is a click to expand button.

Please press it to discover all your questions were answered promptly.

I shall await your apology and any answers to my questions.

Kind regards
Ian

Dear Cowfish

There is a click to expand button.

Please press it to discover all your questions were answered promptly.

I shall await your apology and any answers to my questions.

Kind regards
Ian

I do see that you answered the questions within the quoted portion of my questions. Though that's an unconventional way to format a response, I do apologize for not recognizing that you had answered my questions.

As to your questions, there are many others more qualified than me to answer them if they so choose.

I do see that you answered the questions within the quoted portion of my questions. Though that's an unconventional way to format a response, I do apologize for not recognizing that you had answered my questions.

As to your questions, there are many others more qualified than me to answer them if they so choose.

Dear Cowfish

Is that the best apology you can come up with?

I note your reluctance to answer my questions or provide anything constructive to the conversation.

I also note your concern for the reputation of an individual, a dive shop and a diving industry. I don’t suppose you noticed the little issue of 1,000,000 baht insurance that went missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom