Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

12/27/2017
Alhambra
time 9:15 am
Seas Flat
Wind Calm
Water Temp 72
Vis 2'-6'
Finds Usual small stuff and a folding anchor

Went out last weekend on Sunday 1/21/2018. Me and my daughter's 2nd time doing Meg dives. 1st time was last Fall with Aristakat and had a great time. This time we were out with Aquanutz and had an excellent time too.

Site Location - South of Venice
Water Temp - 56 on the bottom, low 60's on top, air temp 72-ish (nice on top, brutal on the bottom)
Depth - 30'-32'
Vizibility - usually 5-7'
Wind - Out of the East, calm
Surf - Very calm

Our finds were good, found some turtle shell and Mammoth tusk too. Was a very good day for us. Daughter loved it!

SouthVenice.jpg

Some very cool finds there. Is the second large tooth from the bottom on the right a hemi or a meg, hard to tell from the pic.

Some very cool finds there. Is the second large tooth from the bottom on the right a hemi or a meg, hard to tell from the pic.

I'm no expert, but from everything I know/read/and see I am pretty certain it's a Meg. Part of the root is missing, but I don't really see evidence of the course serrations on the inside.

Meg.jpg

I'm no expert, but from everything I know/read/and see I am pretty certain it's a Meg. Part of the root is missing, but I don't really see evidence of the course serrations on the inside.

View attachment 443959
Thx for the update. From that pic, definitely a small meg. Again, very nice haul.

March 4, 2018
EARLY-MORNING FIRE AT SERVICE CLUB PARK

The boardwalk and picnic tables at Service Club Park in Venice, 1190 Harbor Dr. S., were lit on fire and engulfed in flames early Sunday morning.
There is no walkway access to the beach at this location at this time.
According to Venice Fire Rescue Battalion Chief Michael O’Connor, firefighters responded to the blaze and a quarter-acre brush fire at around 3:30 a.m. Sunday, 3/4/18. The fire was out and mop-up was being conducted shortly after 5 a.m.
Police are on scene investigating at this time. More information will be released as it becomes available.

March 4, 2018
EARLY-MORNING FIRE AT SERVICE CLUB PARK

The boardwalk and picnic tables at Service Club Park in Venice, 1190 Harbor Dr. S., were lit on fire and engulfed in flames early Sunday morning.
There is no walkway access to the beach at this location at this time.
According to Venice Fire Rescue Battalion Chief Michael O’Connor, firefighters responded to the blaze and a quarter-acre brush fire at around 3:30 a.m. Sunday, 3/4/18. The fire was out and mop-up was being conducted shortly after 5 a.m.
Police are on scene investigating at this time. More information will be released as it becomes available.
thank you for this report.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom