ScubaBoard SURGE Central 2019 Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those who have flown to Curacao before, do the prices fluctuate much or at all? It seems only American Airlines flies there unless you take Jet Blue from NY
you may set up an alert in googleflight. It will email you the price if here is any fluctuation.
nice to meet you all! My husband and I are in! our first invasion/surge with SB! so excited!

you may set up an alert in googleflight. It will email you the price if here is any fluctuation.
nice to meet you all! My husband and I are in! our first invasion/surge with SB! so excited!

Hi Ling, I did set up an alert and will probably just go ahead and buy the tickets pretty soon. By the way, I'm Yan Zhang's husband. :)

Hi Ivyling,

Welcome aboard! Cathy and I attended our first surge last January in Bonaire. It was, all around, a very grand time. Great diving, good food, plenty of booze (responsibly consumed of course) and awesome people.

Dennis has patented a crystal ball that matches you up with divers of your own caliber and desires. I was hopeful when he described it to me, and then when I lived the results it was amazing. Best group diving I have ever had! We also shift dive teams so that we all get a chance to dive together (for the most part).

What part of Sacramento do you live? We lived in Roseville.

cheers,
markm

Hi Ivyling,

Welcome aboard! Cathy and I attended our first surge last January in Bonaire. It was, all around, a very grand time. Great diving, good food, plenty of booze (responsibly consumed of course) and awesome people.

Dennis has patented a crystal ball that matches you up with divers of your own caliber and desires. I was hopeful when he described it to me, and then when I lived the results it was amazing. Best group diving I have ever had! We also shift dive teams so that we all get a chance to dive together (for the most part).

What part of Sacramento do you live? We lived in Roseville.

cheers,
markm

Hi, Neighbor~~

That sounded so much fun! we actually live in Lodi, right off the I5.
We got our PADI 3 years ago and dove a couple of times in Hawaii , did 2 liveaboard trips , one at So Cal and the other at the great barrier reef. We also prefer diving with a group.

We have been renting and now we hooked up with the community, it may be a good idea to get our own diving equipment. Any suggestion? Any good local store with driving range?

Hi,
Nice meeting you here! thanks to your wife who introduced me to this community!

Yes, Lilyan was telling me that she met you online and told you how much we :heart: these folks here on the Scubaboard. She and I are looking forward to meeting you. I'll tell her you said "Hi"

Hi, Neighbor~~

That sounded so much fun! we actually live in Lodi, right off the I5.
We got our PADI 3 years ago and dove a couple of times in Hawaii , did 2 liveaboard trips , one at So Cal and the other at the great barrier reef. We also prefer diving with a group.

We have been renting and now we hooked up with the community, it may be a good idea to get our own diving equipment. Any suggestion? Any good local store with driving range?

Hy IvyLing,

Dolphin Scuba on El Camino in Sacramento is the best. They have a thriving internet order service. They have a warehouse full of gear. They are very competitive price wise. Drive to Sacramento and you won't be let down.

Ask for Rick, Michael, Jason, or Glen.

I am a somewhat regular customer; as my diving peaked and valleyed, so did my visits to Dolphin. They will probably recognize my name.

Rick is an excellent instructor. OW through cave, wreck, technical, and rebreather. What ever you want in terms of ongoing training he can teach you. He teaches by example and pleasant words. Honest but nice.

Dolphin's link:
Buy Scuba Diving Gear Online | Snorkeling Equipment | Dive Gear Shop

Which SoCal live aboard did you dive with? I love SoCal live aboard diving.

Mark Mudgett

Is there spaces still available?

@ryanski , Dennis has not updated the crew list and by my count, it’s not full. Even if it were full, you could put your name on a waiting list (first-on, first-served). A lot of folks have to bail for one reason or another, so waiting list folks do get on the trip. Call Al or Felix Monday morning to be sure. Hope that helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom