Recommendation for a "warmest" 7 mm wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please let's not have the usual gang of "get a drysuit" responses because I already have one, as well as a semi-dry, 5mm and 3mm. I generally don't like diving dry except when either the water is really cold |(sub 50 F) or when the air temperature is cold. Those are my only two criteria for ever diving dry. Been diving for forty years.

I have a wonderful old Henderson 7mm that is getting old in the tooth so its time to replace. I've been out of the market for a long time so rather than do all the research I thought I'd ask for opinions as to what 7 mm wetsuits are regarded as the "warmest" nowadays. Your input is appreciated.
It is all about fit. Can you find an off the shelf suit that fits you perfectly?

No? Then go custom.

Nothing off the shelf fits me so I have always worn a custom fit wetsuit.

Henderson 7mm 2 piece shorty and farmer john. You effectively have 14mm at your core. Easy on and off for "this" old guy since the zipper is in the front. Warm enough at low 40s*F. It also allows better fit. I use XL shorty and L farmer john. As important, if not more so, be sure to have good gloves and boots so you don't lose body heat through your extremities.

As others have said, a two piece suit. Only problem with Farmer John's is that you must wear both pieces. Check out Aquaflite custom suits.

The one I have allows you the versatility of using it as either a one or two piece. With mine, I can handle any range of California conditions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom