Moscow Suggestions please.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyboy08

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
heading to Russia in May and I would like first hand suggestions for a nice hotel centrally located in Moscow and St Petersburg....we'll be in need of three rooms.....we' be taking the train from Moscow to St Pete, then head out to Estonia, then Helsinki for our return back to the states.

TIA,

Think the Lubyanka is about as nice as they get.

Don't go for the basement rooms. :)

Yeah, but they don't have room service :)

I stayed at the Ishmalova Delta when I was there. With their superb metro system, it really doesn't matter where you stay in Moscow. It's a fun, fun city.

Thank you...I just booked the President Hotel....seemed reasonable....now just need a stay in St Pete....

Looks like the Soviet-era behemoth Hotel Rossiya just off Red Square where I stayed in 2005 was demolished in 2007. The Soviet ambience, imagining our room was bugged, was part of the fun. Enjoy the train trip to Helsinki--train border crossings are fun nostalgia, too.

Purchased one way NYC to Moscow last night for $377.00 :rofl3:...yea, I can't stop laughing. I'll purchase one way from Helsinki home for less....

I stayed at the Ishmalova Delta when I was there. With their superb metro system, it really doesn't matter where you stay in Moscow. It's a fun, fun city.
I stayed in the Intourist Hotel in 1984, which seemed OK. Had TV with 2 channels and was the only hotel we were allowed to stay in. Moscow was not a fun, fun city.

Well, three days in Moscow hitting the symphony and a few sights, then off to St Pete....I'm going to expect a fun fun and interesting visit.

Staying at The President in Moscow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom