Ultima Dry Glove System question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good news: The SHOWA 720s are exactly the same size and length... But thinner, softer, more dexterous, and arguably tougher. They are slightly less abrasion resistant and slightly more puncture resistant than the 660's. They allow more feeling through than the 660s, yet tend to be slightly warmer than the 660s.

They're also easier to load on a set of rings than the 660s - because they're stretchier.

If you're used to the 660s, I wholeheartedly recommend the 720s.

Oh... And no seams. :)

The 720s are nitrile - lined in acrylic.

5he 660s are PVC - lined in cotton.

Otherwise they're the same glove.

The arms of my drysuits are too short so the only gloves I can use are the 660 XXL. Other 14" gloves I've found have a seam inside that leaks when placed on the rings.

Sucks that there aren't longer gloves in the proper size for your hand plus inner glove. If only they made a Showa 771 or 661 only difference being a few inches longer. You could cut the forearm length down to size and have the perfect length. One can wish :)

Yeah, Ean... There is a 720 with a full forearm that you can cut down. Stand by and I'll find it.

I've literally been through hundreds of different SHOWA and Ansell gloves. Sponsored by - and a tester for - both companies. :)

The glove that I was thinking of was the SHOWA NSK24... Which, like the 720, is made of nitrile. It is thicker than the 720, however, and in that regard feels almost as thick as the 660 - but a little more flexible like the 720 despite it's thickness.

The NSK24 is about an inch or two (40-50 mm) longer than the 660 and 720, which are identical in length.

There's also an NSK26... Which is exactly like the NSK24 except that it goes all the way up to the bicep. You could trim this one to any length you wanted.

Hm. That's interesting. I wasn't aware that the NSK24s had physical dimensions any different than a 720 or 660... Except that the cuff was longer.

It's interesting that you're choosing a glove liner AND a lined glove on top of the glove itself. You don't find this setup too restrictive?

Between 40 and 50 degrees, I dive the 720s - which are warmer than PVC gloves naturally - all by themselves.

Any colder and I'll put a liner in... But I hate it. The new Xerotherm liners are less of a pain that the G2s... But whatever.

Cold hands?

My gloves with the built in liner are too short so I can't wear them anymore. I've been using the 660XXL with a thin cotton liner. I'm hoping the 720s stretch enough so I don't have to worry about them popping off when I reach for something.

Back
Top Bottom