Key West dive shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SEMO Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm going to Key West in April. What dive shops would you recommend for Key West diving?

We'll fly into Ft Lauderdale, then drive down to Key West. Is Hwy 1 repaired from the hurricane?

The road is fine. It’s impossible to recommend a dive shop without knowing knowing what you think is good. What I like and what you like are likely to not line up. Do you want concierge service? Do you want a Divemaster/guide? Do you want a cattle boat with lots of divers or a 6 pack? Are you willing to pay more for the 6 pack? Are you renting gear? How many dives do you have? Do you prefer reefs in 30 feet, or wrecks in 250 feet? We have all of that and more.

I don't require concierge service
I don't require a divemaster/guide
I have all my own gear
I have nearly 500 dives
I prefer reef dives
Does anyone really want a cattle boat?

If you want great reef diving, my advice would be to stop at Looe Key Reef Resort, it's been a few years since we've been there, but Looe Key reef is fantastic.

Finz is a 6 pack that will take you anywhere you want to go. Otherwise, you’ll be on a big boat doing two tank vandenberg vibes every morning. Finz is at hurricane hole marina

Thank you. I'll consider Looe Key, but I am looking for something closer to Key West. We have a condo rented at Key West.

If you're diving in Key West and you don't want a headboat, then dive with Finz. If you want to dive the Keys and you've got wheels, then there are many better dive ops and sites than those in Key West.

Its a cattle boat, but I've had good experience with Captain's Corner on double dips at the Vandenberg wreck. Its a big dive boat with lots of room. They'll let you dive your own profile and if solo certified, let you go by yourself. I've found that almost all the standard operators in KW go to the Vandy in the AM, so if you want unique, Finz is probably your only option. Last time I checked, they didn't charge per diver, you had to charter the boat and make sure you had 5 other divers with you. Maybe that policy has changed, just double check

I had a very bad experience with Lost Reef Adventures which I have posted about elsewhere on this board. I do NOT recommend them.

I had a good experience with South Point divers although the Vandenberg was barely visible through all the silt and severely reduced visibility due to recent hurricane activity when we dived back in September 2017 but of course that's not their fault.

I question your choice of Key West for reef dives. The upper Keys are much better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom