What 4K capable SD cards are folks running?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drhappy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just pulled the trigger on a Lumix LX10 with 4K video capability. Off to the Red Sea in November:)

I use San Disk Extreme Pro Cards. They are cheap now.

Not to niggle pick, guys, but an SD card tops out at 2GB in size. That won't hold much 4k video.

You really want SDXC cards. There's a lot of confusion about that online, and folks wind up getting screwed when they want SDXC, but order SD or SDHD (32GB max) in error.

Also a LOT of counterfeit cards online, which is why many "brand names" don't work right. SanDisk offers a utility to authenticate their cards, others might too.

SanDisk Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I Memory Card. I have 4 of these in 64GB and can swap them out between dives if I want to. I prefer smaller storage vs bigger ones in case flooding or malfunction, etc. I backup everything onto computer and external HD every day. I have this in my RX1004

• UHS-I / V30 / Class 10
  • Max Read Speed: 95 MB/s
  • Max Write Speed: 90 MB/s
  • Min Write Speed: 30 MB/s
  • Records Full HD, 3D, and 4K Video
  • Water / Shock / X-Ray Proof
  • Temperature Proof
  • Built-In Write-Protect Switch
  • Downloadable Photo Recovery Software
If your device does not support the V30 standard, this card also supports the U3 standard, which also guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. Read speeds are supported up to 95 MB/s and write speeds max out at 90 MB/s.

Back
Top Bottom