Military to Civie diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slym

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just wondering how many ladies and gents have met or are ex or current military divers? I was just wondering how easy it is to go from being a military diver to a civilian commercial diver? I don't know what I don't know so I am starting from nothing.

This summer I have a chance to train as a military diver, I can't wait! Just curious if it could lead to a career outside of the military (not that I want to leave any time ever). Is there much transitional training?

Just wondering how many ladies and gents have met or are ex or current military divers? I was just wondering how easy it is to go from being a military diver to a civilian commercial diver? I don't know what I don't know so I am starting from nothing.

This summer I have a chance to train as a military diver, I can't wait! Just curious if it could lead to a career outside of the military (not that I want to leave any time ever). Is there much transitional training?
Also depends on what “Military Diver” you are looking into. In Canada (I see your in Ontario) we have Army Combat Divers and in the Navy there are Clearance Divers and Ships Team Divers. There are some transferable Skills but I think you’ll find Commercial Divers are very much “work” Divers. Different skill sets and certainly different certifications.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom