Nautilus Lifeline Radio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More info from Ryan about the MRG battery life:
“The battery should last quite a bit longer than one day. Assuming a full battery, the Nautilus GPS can continue transmitting the distress signal up to 80-90 hours.”

More info from Ryan about the MRG battery life:
“The battery should last quite a bit longer than one day. Assuming a full battery, the Nautilus GPS can continue transmitting the distress signal up to 80-90 hours.”

Whoa!

Another trick than Ryan told me:
If you hold the red button for 5 seconds, it will turn the distress signal on/off.

Another trick than Ryan told me:
If you hold the red button for 5 seconds, it will turn the distress signal on/off.

Is this with with the new Nautilus?

-Snip-

the USCG is more concerned with finding you than with "Dude, where's your boat?".

-Snip-

Just answer: "Duh, its sunk, thats why its an emergency" ;-)

Is this with with the new Nautilus?

Yes. That’s what I have.

17207A1C-8D93-4925-8DFF-7717A007AC64.jpeg

Thanks. Good to know. They did not tell me about that feature when I talked to them.

Thanks. Good to know. They did not tell me about that feature when I talked to them.
From the Nautilus manual:

"Hold down the red “H” button for 5 seconds to deactivate distress transmission.
*Note: Pressing the blue button will also power off the Nautilus GPS and end distress transmission, however transmission will begin again if Nautilus GPS is powered back on."

Somehow I saw the part about the blue button, but missed the "off" feature of the red. Sure enough, it was in my manual as well. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom